Anxiety, stress, depression - What do you take?

by MsMcDucket 30 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    The only way I know to relieve my depression is to help someone in need so that my thinking is totally directed to someone else and away from myself. That allows my brain to get back on track. I've been depression-free for years now, partly I think, because I've sorted out many of my JW related issues.

This helped me too! It got me out of my own head to help somebody who had different problems. Made my world a lot bigger and put things in perspective. Diet and exercise too. Every little thing helps I think.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Melinda -

Sorry to hear about your struggles. I had a major break in '02. While I've been able to reduce my meds since coming out of the Org, I'm still on an antidepressant - Effexor.

Effexor, but, lately I've been feeling very lethargic.

I am no doctor but apparently this is one of the side effects of this antidepressant

This might explain why I've been so tired since coming off my anti-anxiety med (Buspar).

I know it likely won't be any comfort, but I went through a number of meds and combinations of meds before we found the right one. A particularly troublesome problem was break-through: a med would work for a while, then all of a sudden my symptoms would return and we were on the search again. And side-effects are enough to push anyone over the edge.

I'd been emotionally stable for about a year when I left the JWs in '05, but I'd started developing symptoms similar to FM/CFS. Lots of these health issues have resolved or improved since my departure from the Org.

• FreeFromWTBS
  • FreeFromWTBS
  • FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

I have MDD(Major Depression Disorder). I take a combination of Lexapro and Wellbutrin. It works pretty well. I may only have a crash every 6 weeks or so and they only last a few days. Huge improvement for me.

• ZEN
    ZEN

Beer. Never drunk much but in last couple of weeks I did have more than I should have

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I tried several different drugs for anxiety and depression over a period of a couple of years. It wasn’t until I was prescribed the right combination/dose of Effexor XR along with Celexa together that worked for me. Every body is different. What works for me may not work for you.

Don't give up.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

oops double post

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Stress, anxiety and depression?

Oh, I take apple juice (or whole milk).

It gives me such terrible diarrhea, I forget all about the other problems!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My body and my mind are playing tricks on me. Just when I think that it's not physical but mental, I develop some sort of funky physical ailment. The doctor started me on some medication for my "Occipital Neuritis" and a few days later I have this funky looking skin rash. It's all over my back. It spread to my arms and stomach. A few days later it's on my upper thighs. So far, it missed my crotch area. Anyway, I go to the doctor and show him this funky rash. He says, I know what that is "It's Molluscom Contagiosum". He said "You got it because you have diabetes and took a steroid, which means you're immunocompromised". I mean this rash is U-G-L-Y! It's more like warts everywhere! The doctor put me on Zovirax. He said "the rash is hard to get rid of"! **@@!(&^ It's depressing to look at! It gives me the heebee geebees! I think that I'm going to go to a dermatologist to see if he can get rid of them any quicker.

In immunocompromised people the darn rash can last up to four years, and what's worse?! You can autoinoculate yourself if you scratch them!

I keep thinking that Jehovah struck me with a this ugly disease for not believing in him! But that wouldn't make since, because I must believe in Jehovah if I thought he gave it to me?! I'm one confused donkey! *heehaw*

Don't do a search and look up the rash, because you'll get the heebee geebees too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit