Went to the Kingdom Hall after 8 years

by Prins Vaillant 11 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

And she responded: "Jesus said that whoever is faithful in little things will be faithful in greater things as well".

You could have told her Jesus also said "You strain out the gnat and swallow down the camel" Hypo------------

abr

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I have a medical condition that makes it uncomfortable for me to attend meetings. I would miss meeting for years at a time and come to the memorial and extra special announcements. I found that there was nothing different after missing 4 or 5 years at a time. Of course there would be new truth that everyone would accept without a problem but it is really a joke. My childhood friend said over 1/2 of the friends are on meds, prozac and the like. Everyone, elders and ministerial servants and pioneers seem to have all left at one time and came back, only holier and closer to god than before. The guilt was literally making people crazy and the meds would numb the senses, so the meetings were spiritual feast, with the senses dulled. I have come to believe that anyone with pre-1995 is just involved for social reasons. I have spoke too many elders and they echo the setiment. The changes in the org has allowed the perception that this is just another chuch with a large friend base. kinda like mormans without joe smith and the wives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit