Went to the Kingdom Hall after 8 years

by Prins Vaillant 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Prins Vaillant
    Prins Vaillant

Yesterday I went to the Kingdom Hall (I was curious wether the little girls from my own JW-time were now gorgeous young women). Indeed! A few of them have been 'evolved' ;) into beautiful young women. First of all, I would like to say that I was so happy when the meeting was over. I choosed attending the Theocratic School and Service meeting because that is a certain way of seeing different faces. (Spreading the chances of a boring speaker). Nothing new in 8 years! Same scriptures, same speakers with teaching capabilities for the mentally injured! And in the service meeting they were talking 25 (!) minutes about hotel reservations, though I know that in the past decennium never ever one single witness in that area takes an hotel. And what to think about a young lady (18 years old), with brains too, enjoying answering 'Jehovah' to a question of an elder. They are all eager to answer week in week out, year in year out, the same old things. I was bored like I was never bored before. What struck me was a part about bringing in your field service report. The elder told about the possibility of reporting only a quarter of an hour (a special privilege for the persons with for example rare diseases ;)). Can you believe the elder literally told the (great) crowd: if you want to be in that arrangement, you have to request it, and the Service Committee will decide wether or not you can report in that way! Come on! How closer to the scribes can you get? No not the secretary alone, a group of older men will come together to decide wether you can put in your 15 minutes monthly or not. What about focusing on the 'important things'. Isn't that a scripture too? I told my opinion to a sister. And she responded: "Jesus said that whoever is faithful in little things will be faithful in greater things as well". Ok, so every little thing must be carefully considered by the Service Committee. For every action a bible quote. They still got it!

• Arthur
    Arthur

This account reminds me of one of those National Geographic episodes where a researcher ventures into a rainforest to study the activities of a endangered primate population.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome Prins V !

Yes - nothing has changed! It has been exactly one year since I have turned in time. I was regular for 40 years. The "real" truth shall set you free! Thank you for the information. Is the main language of your region Flemish or French? Just curious. Your English is quite impressive.

CoCo

• Prins Vaillant
    Prins Vaillant

Thank you for the compliment. I live in a Flemish region near Aalst. We speak Dutch (same as in the Netherlands, sometimes referred to as Flemish, even by people here, but the official languages of Belgium are Dutch (6 million people), French (4 million people) and German (20 000 people). My dad is still in. Now they are hoping that I will return in good old "Prodigal son"-tradition. ;) The hall I went to is new too. It was quite impressive.

• Anony-Mouse
    Anony-Mouse

Beautiful women you say?

Hows about I fly over, and we take a trip into your old hall, and we deconvert me a girl?

• steve2
    steve2

At the very least, you deserve a research-based payment for your preparedness to do such predictably dull investigative work! I'm sorry but beautiful looking people - women or men - could not entice back into that sleep-provoking, mind-numbing kind of monosyllabic tedium (I loved the reference to an intelligent women's one word answer to a question from the platform!).

Seeing the JWs after all these years would be a little like going back in time minus the nostalgia. Their meetings have a sleep-inducing, pedestrian quality to them that I have not seen replicated anywhere else on the globe - althought I'd hazard a guess and conclude that most fundamentalist religions would be like that. Bor-ing.

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

Sounds like you had a creepy thing for the little girls in that congregation..... no offence :)

• Confession
    Confession

The thought of going to the Kingdom Hall--ANY Kingdom Hall--both gives me goosebumps and makes me feel ill. I don't think I could do it, Prins.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I went to the kindom hall after 15 years, the only thing new was I got disfellowshipped!

• JH
    JH

So, they made no progress at all, hey. Still the same BS and mind control.

I'm starting to think that these people love to be treated that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit