Why can't I have a beard?

by nonamegiven 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

I've heard many times that there are some congo's in the US where you can have a neatly trimmed beard and it's perfectly ok. I have never been allowed and havn't known of anyone who could. How about you?

How about other countries?

Elders, why can't I have a beard and be able to be a MS?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It is a man made rule, it comes from way back in the hippie movement with the conotation that went with it. As far as other countries, the rules are not consistent because this didn't come from the Bible.

abr

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Depends on where you live. If it's not common in your country a beard might distract from your message at the door. They gave a talk about too much make up, hair length and so forth along time ago at the KH I used to attend. Just another stupid rule you have to obey.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

In my church we don't let women have beards either - its an equality thing.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

This is one of the many questions I used to ask my Dad, only to be answered with some bullshit excuse that amounted to traditions of men. One of the first things I did when I started to fade was grow a goatee. Man did it piss my family off.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Q, you're a Mormon, right? Not all Mormons feel that way. I work with 3 devout Mormons, all of whom have facial hair. I think that's pretty much a local thing, it's certainly not General Authority. As mentioned before, neither the Bible nor any supposed latter day revelations forbid facial hair.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You can't have a beard because the Faithful Slave Jehovah says you can't. Now get back to placing wonderful delightful words of truth from the Faithful Slave Jehovah or you ain't gonna be in da Pair-o-dice.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

U - my post was only humour. LDS are encouraged not to have a beard and to wear a white shirt to church etc.. but they are loosening up a lot (recent letter saying that is was not acceptable to stop someone administering the sacrament if they weren't wearing a tie and had a white shirt, you can now baptise without having to cur your hair or shave and so on. Of course missionaries still have to crew cut and penguin it.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

because jesus didn't have a beard and anyone who tells you he did is an apostate. why don't you concentrate on getting more hours in service and commenting more at the meetings? that'll help keep your mind off all the rebelling you seem to want to do.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

It's obvious that facial growth too closely resembles pubic hair. Are these the kind of sexual signals you wish to send out in jehovah's ministry. The real question is, why is pubic hair tolerated in Jehovah's organization?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit