What MAKES people become JWs----more then anything else?

by new boy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Zerbagian welcome, I like the avitar.

The field service and publications are not really for getting new converts these days. They are for keeping the members they already have. Look at some of the recent articles on what to do if somebody leaves, wives obeying the men and so on. So yes, having sex is how Watchtower gets new JWs.

• free2beme
    free2beme

BIRTH

• Arthur
    Arthur
    The field service and publications are not really for getting new converts these days. They are for keeping the members they already have. Look at some of the recent articles on what to do if somebody leaves, wives obeying the men and so on. So yes, having sex is how Watchtower gets new JWs.

This certainly seems to be the case. It seems that more and more people are researching the Witnesses online before they even attend any meetings.

It's funny. When I was a Witness, I never heard any of the "worldly" people who knew I was a Witness, say anything to me that was unflattering about the religion. Now, when I tell people that I know that I am a former-Witness; they feel much more free to share their honest observations with me. A few of them told me how bizarre some of the Witness beliefs are. And these aren't some obnoxious, crass, or obstinate people. These are people who are very kind, decent, loving, and law-abiding.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    And these aren't some obnoxious, crass, or obstinate people. These are people who are very kind, decent, loving, and law-abiding.

Isn't it amazing the "Worldly People" don't act anything like Watchtower would have their followers believe.

• new boy
    new boy

Whats interesting is their only hope is with their young......................and thats the one group that is going away........the information age will see to that!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

THE CARROT! YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER IN A PARADISE EARTH! , NOT!

Blueblades

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

What got you "in" the borg?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Born in. I would never have joined otherwise, along with probably 98% of the JW's.

• manthedan
    manthedan

Somewhat Semi-raised; went to District Conventions since early age, taught not to celebrate. Parent became "Inactive" later on, I was confused why I had been taught all these "Don't Do's" so I started to ask..... 3-4 years later after High School I was baptized...... 6 years later here I am.

It was a combination of my unsure parents, my active devoted Grandmother, and a "Brother" that came to my door later and took me under his wing.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've said it before but I find it ironic that at one time there was the BS about not having children AKA 'Responsible child bearing in this time of the end.'

Possibly because children were considered by the bosses at Brooklyn a hinderance to JW's peddling propaganda that brought power and/cash, a confortable life for the GB.

Now, most of the victims that get craptized are like myself, born-ins.

What a screwed up cult!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit