Lyman Swingle (GB) told me what would bring down the Organization!

by new boy 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• new boy
    new boy

It was about 15 years ago.........

I was at a one day special event in Woodburn Or. I was talking to Lyman Swingle about how the society could save some money. It was a crazy idea ( to crazy to relate here)...............anyway he laughed and said to me.

"Brother..........We have always had the money to do the things we needed to do.......and if we didn't.......we felt it was God's holy spirit telling us, it wasn't what we should be doing".......SO...I said "So the money is like a barometer, no approval, no money"......He said "Yea..... I guess you could say that!"

Well all I can say is............... I think its great that they are talking about money more and more.............

They have created this huge money eating organization that was never meant to last for hundreds of years! Those lawsuits can be costly too!

The next thing will be to sell off all that expensive N.Y.C.real estate.......move the whole show to upstate.

Or better yet just tax them.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Well, if the money is the barometer--"no money, no approval"--then shouldn't the fact that they are getting HIT with the lawsuits taking their money be aclue to them about Jehovah's approval?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Brother..........We have always had the money to do the things we needed to do.......and if we didn't.......we felt it was God's holy spirit telling us, it wasn't what we should be doing".......

I heard that many times in the organization.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Unfortunately, the watchtower learned early in the game how to weave there lies into the fabric of the rational mind and tinged it with fear and guilt. Further they have taken their own structure and replaced it in a do or die situation where family is concerned. Even during the depression the watchtower did tremendously well ,because people can't have there hopes taken away. The catholic church survived thousands of lawsuits. This organization from it' earliest beginings has had the best business and legal minds going for its own protection. It is interesting that Jesus chose Judas knowing his heart condition to look after the treasury dept. Perhaps Jesus knew even then that his church was alive, not because of money, but because of spirit. He knew it when he tossed out the money lenders and maketers beating them with a whip of ropes. Today the society has formed a massive black hole that eats up money and accomplishes nothing. They are woshipping there real father whether they think so or not. Christ said, do not be concerned over your food or clothing. Does not your heavenly father know your needs. Instead store up treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not consume. People awaiting the end don't usually buy billions of dollars worth of real estate. Honestly though I don't think much will ever change unless Jesus comes with sword and does what he did in the first century to all churches.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Didn't Charles Russell say in the very first Watchtower in 1879? that it will continue as long as God provides the funds and if the funds ever dry up it will mean God wants the Watchtower to stop.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Didn't Charles Russell say in the very first Watchtower in 1879? that it will continue as long as God provides the funds and if the funds ever dry up it will mean God wants the Watchtower to stop.

Good point.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Funny human reasoning, Money equates Gods approval?

Jesus who was said about him, I have approved Him, didn't even have a place to lay his head, finanicially had nothing and yet died with the most favor that one could have with God. God doesn't need money.

If money was the barometer for God's approval, I guess you could say that any organization that I had money at one time had His approval

The Catholic church was extremey wealthy and stil is, The oil rich Muslim nations and extremist have money, The Yankees, Drug Cartel, Donald Trump, Bill Gates, the list goes on and on.

1 Cor 3:18-20 18 Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say,

“He traps the wise
    in the snare of their own cleverness.” [e]

20 And again,

“The L ord knows the thoughts of the wise;
    he knows they are worthless

If the organization goes down because of a lack of funds because of the flock drying up or lawsuits, it is because they have reaped what they have sown, money does not equate to approval.

abr

• teejay
    teejay

Wonder what jt would say.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Funny how that comes down to "no money = no god."

Frannie

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..So,if You don`t have "Gods Approvall",you won`t have money to achieve your goal..???...God manages money?..Here!.On earth!..???.....The Creator of all that Exsists,is an Accountant..???..LOL!!.....The WBT$ is decaying..80% of all major corporations become extinct..WBT$ is dieing..We are watching it...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit