I had my operation

by Gadget 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gadget
    Gadget

I had my operaton this afternoon, and everything went well! I've had problems breathing through my nose for the last few years, so hopefully that'll be all fixed when I heal up. I'd heard a lot of horror stories about how bad the op is, but it didn't seem that bad. Or maybe thats the painkillers talking, lol. My registrar is calle Yvette, so I've had few jokes about having to see the vet to see if I can go home! I think I've only got to stay in one night(my first time in hospital), so should be going home tomorrow. Paul

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

hoping the op has been a success and that you don't have too much discomfort while its healing

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Gadget,

I'm glad everything went well.

Linda

• bernadette
    bernadette

glad the op was a success

hope you have a speedy recovery

• free2think
    free2think

I hope it's a sccess and you recover quickly.

free2think

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Glad you're this side of the anaesthetic, buddy

Regards to her indoors

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am glad to hear your surgery was successful. Try to rest! Take it easy.

• Paisley
    Paisley

First time in hospital - well that's good then, isn't it. I'm glad you came out of it well. What was it? Adenoids or deviated septum or what? I hope you feel better as you say, after the meds wear off.

• Gadget
    Gadget

Thanks everyone!

I got back home this morning. Its aching a bit since the meds wore off, but the main thing is that its completely bunged up but aren't allowed to blow it so can't breath through it at all for a bit. It was a deviated septum that I was treated for, but he also did a few other things while he was in there. My black eyes are just starting to come up nicely, and I've gotta wear a big splint on my nose for a week too. Now I've just got to fill in 3 weeks off work.......

• luna2
    luna2

Sounds like you aren't in the horrible pain people were warning you about. Keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way. The non-blowing thing sounds very uncomfortable. As for the three weeks off work...I'm sure you'll find something to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit