She was just sitting there and I talked to her...

by zeroday 17 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

I was baptized a witness at age 21 in 1976. For 28 years I lived a very introverated life. No friends no family in the truth. Never dated and never married. Pretty pathatic I know. I DA'ed myself in 2004 believing I had destroyed my social life for every. Even after leaving I could not make friends, where would I go to find friends. My way was lost.

Fast forward to December 2006. My mother just died 4 days before xmas. I had not planned to return to California to visit my family but this changed everything. I headed to CA for the funeral. Took a flight from Nashville to Sacramento CA to home. Had to stop in San Diego to change planes. Now I'm sitting at a sports bar at the airport waiting my 2 hour layover. Having to spend $8.20 for a 20 oz draft Bud. If that doesn't get your goat nothing does. Anyway there is a very nice woman sitting next to me. I really did not intend to converse but I was bored and said: "How about these prices for drinks". To my completely suprise she wanted to converse with me. We had the most plesant conversation for about 45 minutes. I mean I just met her and I could have know her for ever. I have never experience this before. So frightened of the opposiet sex. Anyway I walked away and thought, "What just happened here". I had never experienced this before. I know everyone is laughing out loud now but I live my entire adult life never seeing the other side. I really don't know if there is another side for me.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Well, did you get any other info out of her??? Like state she lives in, her number???

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Sometimes it's just too easy.

I'm glad you had such a nice encounter.

-Aude.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Yikes! glossed over the whole "my mother passed away". Sorry heaps for that. Hope you are ok.

Now, you can address my other questions.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    Well, did you get any other info out of her??? Like state she lives in, her number???

I did not actually. I kicked myself for not. I thought this is such a new experience for me I did not know what to do. I wished I did.

• kls
    kls

No one is laughing nor will they . This is great news that you opened up and chatted to a complete stranger and you can do it again and again.

Good for you and keep it up There are many great people to meet in the world so don't stop talking . Each time it will get easier and easier.

My condolences on the loss of your mother .

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

zeroday,

I can relate. Relax and make yourself available and things will fall in place. Good luck.

W.Once

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Really chicks are not as frightening as they seem. I'm a chick and I am only frightening on a few occasions. Take a chance, you may surprise yourself and she may surprise you also.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I would never think to laugh at that, because I can relate. It wasn't until I left the JWs, after my dad died nearly 7 years ago, before my life changed and I could talk to women.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

((((zeroday))))

Sorry about your loss but I'm glad your growing. The org can really mess with your mind, relationship-wise.

This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. Where Jerry wants to go up and talk to that deaf lineswoman. George gets all paranoid that Jerry is going to become one of "those guys" and leave him behind. It's hilarious.

Anyway, take care my friend. I hope you find someone to share life with or whatever you're looking for..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit