She was just sitting there and I talked to her...

by zeroday 17 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday
    before my life changed and I could talk to women.before my life changed and I could talk to women.

This is the laughing part. In my 28 years as a JW I could not so much as talk to a single JW sister. I can not explain it, it was just as though I would freeze up completely in total fear. when this experience happened it caught me completely by suprise as if this could not be happening. I have begone to realize that my time on the inside was completely wasted, my fears were unfounded. I have wasted a life time in fear. It will not be recouped.....

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

You, my friend, need a Wingman.

Let's get to work...

2. Practice saying "Women aren't scary, women aren't scary" - sure it's a lie, but if you say it enough
    3. Switch to imported beer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It's crazy, isn't it? Those alien creatures that walk around in bras n stuff are actually humans too, huh?!! They can both hold down a conversation and care about the price of beer!

What was the bigger shock; that, or not having your bones jumped like the WTS said all "worldy" women do?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Zeroday-- -Don't know if there is another side for you-----DUDE!!! You just blew the door WIDE OPEN to the other side for you!!!

First...I'm very sorrry to hear about your mom. That must be so difficult for you to deal with right now. My sympathies for your loss....

Even with that (or perhaps because of that?), I can't help but notice what you've gained in one fell swoop in your chosen way of coping with your loss: You OPENED UP!!! I saw your post on the Nosferatu's dating tips thread (I think that was you), where you said that you were going to try that 'talking with a stranger' thing. DUDE-----YOU DID IT!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you, I cannot begin to say!!!!!!!!!

Even if it turns out it wasn't you posting on that thread...you still broke out in a very big way!! This speaks volumes about your ability to make postitive changes for yourself. --Keep on...keep on! You deserve so much better, and BETTER is out there waiting for you!!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Yeah, what the last poster said. If you are clean cut, and have good manners, most women are easy to talk to.

YC

• zagor
    zagor

Hey mate, I'm really happy for you that you experience the beauty of the "dark side" You should do that more often, then you'll see what life can really be. There is no greater pleasure than being able to connect with another human being like that.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Zeroday, I'm so sorry about your mother. I hope you have many pleasant memories of her to carry you though the hard times.

About the lady in the airport, can you remember your conversation? I believe things happen as they are supposed to if you let them. I believe people are sent to us ....synchronicity. Maybe this chance meeting had an important message.

lisa

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    I know everyone is laughing out loud now

not laughing, but i felt my jaw hanging...

i've always found that women can sense a motive, so just take your time asking her if she has a boyfriend, asking for a phone number, etc... give as much of a challenge in the romance department, but at the same time being very friendly and concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit