What makes you HAPPY about life when it all seems so FUTILE?

by hamsterbait 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

His name was Richard Carlson, he died of a heart attack at 45 years of age. Google His site for more info. He seemed to be very happy and had a hold on life.

Blueblades

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley
    What do YOU do when you feel this empty?

Go for a nice, long run or some sort of exercise. Get your heart rate at least up to 75% of your maximum and sweat... a lot. I feel better every single time. Hope the below helps. It did for me.

Healthy Heart Zone (Warm up) — 50–60% of maximum heart rate: The easiest zone and probably the best zone for people just starting a fitness program. It can also be used as a warm up for more serious athletes. This zone has been shown to help decrease body fat, blood pressure and cholesterol. It also decreases the risk of degenerative diseases and has a low risk of injury. Fats are 85% of food energy burned in this zone.

Fitness Zone (Fat Burning) — 60–70% of maximum heart rate: This zone provides the same benefits as the healthy heart zone, but is more intense and burns more total food energy. The percent of food energy from fat is still 85%.

Aerobic Zone (Endurance Training) — 70–80% of maximum heart rate: The aerobic zone will improve your cardiovascular and respiratory system and increase the size and strength of your heart. This is the preferred zone if you are training for an endurance event. More food energy is burned with 50% from fat.

Anaerobic Zone (Performance Training) — 80–90% of maximum heart rate: Benefits of this zone include an improved V_{\mathrm{O}_2} maximum (the highest amount of oxygen one can consume during exercise) and thus an improved cardiorespiratory system, and a higher lactate tolerance ability which means your endurance will improve and you'll be able to fight fatigue better. This is a high intensity zone burning more food energy, 15% from fat.

Red Line (Maximum Effort) — 90–100% of maximum heart rate: Although this zone burns the highest amount of food energy, it is very intense. Most people can only stay in this zone for short periods. You should only train in this zone if you have a very high fitness level and have been cleared by a physician to do so.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

(((Hamsterbait)))

Knowing my daughter is growing up in a way that allows her to grow and accept things as they are - rather than being brainwashed as we were - makes me happy.

Knowing that IF I am living on a "sinking ship," - as the JWs would have me believe - and knowing I haven't sunk yet, makes me happy!

Life is challenging and often depressing, but it is never futile to steer your own ship.

No matter how calm or stormy the seas may be, it is not futile to hang on and get past the rough patches.

Been there, done that; this too shall pass. I promise.

If you need help, get it. Here for you!

You will have better days; sometimes you just need to cry and move on when you're done. Someone suggested a timer and a pity party; that's okay, too. Just try not to exceed your time limit for that.

Someone mentioned they sleep a lot due to depression; that's okay as long as you can get past it. It's always been a challenge for me not to oversleep. I've been sick and dragged myself to work Monday and Tuesday, but stayed home in bed 'til 2 today. Don't want to make it a habit; sometimes you need a "health" day, though.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Hammie!

• Heather
    Heather
    Knowing my daughter is growing up in a way that allows her to grow and accept things as they are - rather than being brainwashed as we were - makes me happy.

For me its knowing my boys will grow in this way. To be able to learn and grow. Not just to be told how to think and to just accept it. My oldest enjoys learning and know that there are things that he can decide for himself.

I think we all have days where we ponder on the negitive too much and it gets us down....but over all we have lots to be happy for :)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good question, h.a. msterbait.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Sometimes it helps to just try to remember what's beautiful and to seek it out. It's not always easy to come out of that funk, but it's doable. Physical activity helps. Yesterday, I worked in the yard, trying to pull the crab grass out of what used to be a lovely brick sidewalk and patio in our back yard.

Today, everything outside (outside of our yard) looked gorgeous and brilliantly sunny. Driving to a friend's to take care of their cats, I was thinking how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful town.

But Saturday, I was looking at all the dirt and empty spaces in our yard that need filling - (we need a freaking rain forest to spruce up this mess) - and felt so overwhelmed by the ugly emptiness for a spell.

Doing something really helps, if you don't throw your back out of whack.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit