WT stance on misbehaving children at the Kingdom hall?

by closer2fine 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Do they still advocate spanking? Any recent quotes from the magazines?

thanks

• blondie
    blondie

They do not advocate spanking in countries where it is against the law; WT publications were even edited and reissued in those countries.

I'm sure you mean spanking by parents or legal guardians. If an elder even touched by child....

I did not observe much spanking in the last few years I attended (about 5 years ago). Spankers tended to be young, single mothers with 2 or more children who came from a family system that believed in spanking (JW and non-JW). I'm not for spanking myself...just makes things worse. I did intervene twice when I felt the parent had lost it (in the women's restroom). No one messes with Blondie.

Blondie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    No one messes with Blondie.

I so believe that.

• blondie
    blondie

I was nice mrsjones; I just asked for the spoon and broke it and threw it away. I talked later to the mother and offered to help with the kids, which I did. She told me her mother and grandmother always beat them...I just helped her find another way.

Blondie (older sister to 3 younger brothers and 1 sister, raised 2 of them)

• gumby
    gumby

It depends on how pissed the parent is at their kid.

As far as I know, they STILL often quote the scripture about not sparing the rod.

Gumby

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Try this! Most of the links are still working.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/121145/1.ashx

Cheers! Atlantis-

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Spare the rod and spoil the child".."Even a mother bear swats her cubs"..Some of the crap I`ve heard from the platform...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I was nice mrsjones

I would not expect you to be anything else. Blondie, I a big woman (in stature) and have been told that I intimidate people (they tend to be shorter) because I'm also quiet and don't smile often. I know what kind of power I have and I don't abuse it. Had I seen what you had, I would have done the same simply because I can. I've done it before to complete strangers and I've always been kind.

I hope you didn't misunderstand me but that's all I meant.

Josie

• blondie
    blondie

Why is that an adult can physically chastise a child but the elders can't physically chastise another adult when they "misbehave"?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't know. I'm looking at my kids right now and I can think of reasons but are they really valid? Good question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit