WT stance on misbehaving children at the Kingdom hall?

by closer2fine 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Victims of the Wooden Spoon,

To not lose it emotionally I must speak in the third person:

My "friend" grew up in a time when there were not child-protective services. At least, so it seemed. He and his siblings saw their adult lives unravel due to the ongoing, cruel effects of domestic violence from their childhood. Some of the children lashed out with their own version of bad behavior; others retreated into a world of confusion and subserviant behavior. Professional help is still being sought. The results are encouraging. Is it any wonder that the Society of Peace and Brotherhood appealed to us? My friend truly does forgive those that wittingly or unwittingly hurt him and his dear siblings. But right now I see him crying. He asked me to sign off for now.

CoCo

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

• he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked

A wise man once said, "Avoid stupid people"

• Nellie
    Nellie

I think spanking is a matter of community. It is still a common practice in some and frowned upon in others. BTW, I use the word spanking to mean physical discipline - not physical abuse.

I am the mother of four. All of them have been spanked. It is not a common occurence in our house - but the threat is real and they know it. The fear of it is more controlling than the reality. It's a good fear.

• becca1
    becca1

If you go to the ladies room at an assembly in the deep south you will invariably see a mother wailing on a child.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit