Lying is fine!

by Gill 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

When the elders asked how many times I had sex, I told them only the one time. I didn't consider it a lie, because I honestly didn't think it was any of their business they didn't need to know anymore.

lisa

• Scully
    Scully

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/126693/1.ashx

There's a thread from last night about the same article.

The quote reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza says "It's not a lie if you believe it!"

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

A lie is a lie, Jesus cleared it up without watering it down or making excuses John 8:44

44 For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies..

I believe Paul said to speak truth, sounds simple and not to justify our own twisted mind.

abr

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schism:

Yes well you know....he works nights. Sucks for me...

Are ya refering to the debil?

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Every lie is an untruth, but not every untruth is a lie. Why not? A dictionary defines a lie as 'an assertion of somethinkg know or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive.' Yes, lying includes the intention to deceive someone. Hence to speak an untruth unwittingly - such as giving someone incorrect facts or figures by mistake - is not the same as to tell a lie.

When I read this, I thought for a minute they were finally coming clean about the field service. I must have unwittingly lied to thousands in that by telling them about the new system and other wts fantasies.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder where they got that definition. This seems to be the first time the WTS has advocated this definition.

Usage: Lie, Untruth. A man may state what is untrue from
    ignorance or misconception; hence, to impute an
    untruth to one is not necessarily the same as charging
    him with a lie. Every lie is an untruth, but not every
    untruth is a lie. Cf. Falsity.

Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913 + 1828)

http://www.dictionary.net/lie

Sounds like a legal approach not a spiritual approach.

(Kant said "not every untruth is a lie)

it-1p.990Gossip,Slander***

Gossip is talk that reveals something about the doings and the affairs of other persons. It may be unfounded rumor, even a lie, and although the gossiper may not know the untruthfulness of the rumor, he spreads it nevertheless, thereby making himself responsible for propagating a lie. It may be someone’s faults and mistakes that the gossiper is talking about.

I'll be interested in see this issue...I don't have the 2/1/07 issue yet.

Blondie

• zack
    zack

The WTBTS has often printed in answer to those that say others are worshipping God in Spirit and Truth, that sincerity is not enough. In other words, if you sincerely beleive something--- trinity, hellfire, the Pope's infallibility, etc...--- this sincerity is NOT enough to sheild you from the consequences of serving God in a way HE DOES NOT approve of.

So, how is KNOWING something is untrue and then propogating that untruth less of a sin then BELEIVING something is true when you are not aware of its error?

A lie is a lie is a lie.

• Gill
    Gill

Zack - You know a lie is a lie.

I know a lie is a lie!

But the Watchtower doesn't want to know that a lie is a lie, because it would make them liars!!!!

There is always and I mean ALWAYS a special get out clause that the Watchtower gives itself to allow itself to act like the lowest of the low that it really is!

If the Watchtower couldn't continue to twist, turn and lie at every sentence it could not continue to exist.

The Truth about 'da Troof' hurts and is like a knife that divides the WTBTS from the cash of its slaves!!!

Heaven forbid that Jehovah's Witlesses ever, en masse wake up from their living nightmare!

They have, after all, learnt to be litigious from their master, the WTBTS!

An en masse law suit against the WTBTS! Isn't that a fantasy worth having!?

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

My whole life i had to force the pieces of Jw doctrine together like puzzle pieces that don't fit. Now i see how everything is falling together and the concept of the WT'S dogma is crumbling like a house of (distorted) cards. this is somewhat unrelated but It's all so absurd. I wish you could have heard my families discussion at the dinner table tonight. Ny own parents see the corruptions of belief yet they merely pass it off aa the mistakes of others. I cant take put up with all of this craziness and hypocrisy... sigh....

• Gill
    Gill

thebiggestlie - The problem your family has, like many others, is they cannot let go of the 'reward', that the Wacktower is offering. They actually believe that they will live forever and so can't let that slip away. That is the reason they make the excuses for the WTBTS doctrines. The day you accept your motality you are no longer a Wacktower slave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit