Lying is fine!

by Gill 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

In this article of the Watchtower, February 1st 2007, we get some very typical Watchtower double talk.

'Why be Truthful?' is the article. Page 6 says,

'What is a lie?'

Every lie is an untruth, but not every untruth is a lie. Why not? A dictionary defines a lie as 'an assertion of somethinkg know or believed by the speaker to be untrue with intent to deceive.' Yes, lying includes the intention to deceive someone. Hence to speak an untruth unwittingly - such as giving someone incorrect facts or figures by mistake - is not the same as to tell a lie.

Moreover, we need to consider whether the person asking for the information is entitled to a comprehensive answer.'

So basically, any JW can choose to rationalise that they do not 'wish' to tell the truth as they do not 'feel' that a person deserves the truth.

Of course what the WTBTS is basically saying is that its members should not the truth about the WTBTS, and should lie in court, to government officials and police. Anything to protect the coffers of the WTBTS!!

• Schism
    Schism

And think about this...

With all the JW lurkers on sites like this, they must be uncovering some old light. After reading the article, perhaps they want the JWs to conclude that the old light was simply an untruth, instead of a lie.

I'm tired! I took a sleeping pill and now the screen is wavy!

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

but thats ok cause it's "spiritual warfare".

Hey that also makes it ok to tell lies to elders.

• Gill
    Gill

Schism - You mean, 'Brothers, we were not lying to you, we were simply uttering untruths!'

Sounds like the usual twisted logic of the WTBTS and its slaves.

• Gill
    Gill

searching4truth - Perhaps the elder doesn't have the 'right' to the information he's asking for!

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

Sleeping is ok Schism we will still be here tomorrow.

• Schism
    Schism

Yes Gill, that's what I'm saying!

Really S4T?

I'm about to go. I have to wait until I'm good and tired to go lay down. Laying down prematurely will cause me to never fall asleep. Then while I'm laying in bed, awake, my mind could drift. That would make me easy prey for Satan to stumble me using unclean thoughts, which could lead to masturbation, which could lead to homosexuality, and maybe even bestiality. So I am actually guarding against unwholesome thoughts by not going to bed unless I know I will fall asleep instantly...

• Gill
    Gill

Wow, Schism!! It's amazing how those old WTBTS thoughts still exist in our minds! Good job we can laugh about it now!

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

Gill your right they have no rights to info they ask for

Schism lol. aren't you married? Take out your unclean thoughts on him.

• Schism
    Schism

Yes well you know....he works nights. Sucks for me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit