Dress Code and Conduct Policies?

by onlycurious 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hey coc, that reminds me of how things are done at bethel. The bros doing the dirty work gotta get cleaned up and dressed presentably for lunch as well. No dressy uppy, no lunch.

S

• compound complex
    compound complex

Re: Bethel Dress Code:

Yes, O Worthy Yellow Eyes!

I had totally forgotten, Onlycurious!

Pray! Heed the words of our Feline Friend!

I too worked at the factory, and we had all the means necessary and at our ready disposal, to become spanking clean before returning HOME to take luncheon, prepared by warm hands in loving kitchens. If not in mind and spirit, we were certainly clean about our persons!

Once again, I say welcome, Onlycurious!

CoCo

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I think the dress code is a combination of Parisian and New York styles - called D'ork.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yes they strongly encourage nice modest clothes and a nice clean car that you can put tons of miles on driving from one end of the territory to the other end as you count your time. The nice suggestion they give you is that you are suppose to provide for all of this with no higher education, dont work unneccassary overtime and it would be nice if your wife can pioneer and not have to work. Unbearable loads is what Jesus called it.

abr

• BrentR
    BrentR

Wearing those F&^%$ing neck ties was a major reason I got sick of being a JW. After I left the only time I ever wore one was at my wedding (under protest) and it was a clip-on bow tie. Nothing was more fun then sitting in a non-airconditioned KH in the middle of summer and it's 85-90 degrees slowly feeling like you could pass out any minute. I still have strangulation and heat stroke flashbacks thinking about how many hours as a kid I had to were a "noose". My mom always got mad when I referred to them as that.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Yes, TBL, we had Chin. He was a ball buster if there ever was one. He would strain the gnat about the use of "contribution" instead of "donation". He one time asked a sister if she exercised and when she said "yes", he said she should try harder because it was not working for her. I remember his wife was always dressed to the nines but she came from money, that I remember her mother was the chick that paints the kids with the big eyes. Also, if I remember correctly he came from a family that owned businesses, so he never had a real 9 to 5 job. He was constantly telling people who were late because they were rushing to get their kids ready for the mtgs or late from coming from work that they were bad jws because they were not putting the important things first. Needless to say, I was not his fav and he was not mine.

Sorry, the above was off subject, but I wanted to respond. But there is a reference in there about Chin's wife dressing real well, that counts right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit