Death Sucks

by Undecided 37 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Death is the end,

This is pure conjecture.

When John was shot, he didn't say, "Oh no, I'm going to die." He said, "I'm shot." I think perhaps all that would have bothered him would be to leave Sean and Yoko. John put a lot of profound thought into life and death and all points in between. I still love this quote from him:

"I BELIEVE IN EVERYTHING until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists even if it is in your mind. Who's to say that dreams...aren't as real as the here and now?"John Lennon

• free2beme
    free2beme

The fact is, when your dead the pain ends. So to say, I do not fear death is not a valid statement to me. Death is it, we're done in the physical. I don't fear that. I am not really in to thinking how I might die. I fear drowning, being burned to death, being shot and left to bleed to death in pain, dying slowly of cancer, being eaten by a pack of wild dogs, you know the pain. When people say they fear death, most really just fear the PAIN of the end or the PAIN of knowing at that moment that the ones you love are left behind. Emotional and physical pain, not DEATH.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Glad you clarified that, Free.

When something very painful happens to you, you go into a form of shock and your brain releases endorphins that lessen the pain dramatically. I broke my leg in three places. The pain was horrendous initially. With in seconds though, it was dulled tremendously. I was attacked one and I felt the first blow or two. Then it was if the attack didn't hurt at all. It might as well have been happening to someone else. Sort of like when the dentist gives you novacain. You should do some research about NDE's. They are fascinating and many have been documented by respected physicians.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was in a terrible car accident when I was 18. Time slowed down, I went numb and all I remember was being pulled out by someone and the love people showed to me to make sure I was okay. It was like their soul was speaking to me, and not them, like deep down we have inside a being that cares for one another despite the people that hold us. It is weird and I was a Witness at the time too. It just was an amazing moment of clarity. Then after it faded, the pain hit and although I mainly had cuts and bruises ... it hurt really bad and the aches and pains of an accident live on for years. At that moment though, when the cars hit, it was just peaceful and the lighting was faded and blurred. Hope no one ever has to experience it, but if you fear it, know there is a nice mental peace.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Five hours after the accident and the demoral wore off, my leg hurt worse than anything ever had or ever would. The thing is, if you die from being shot, stabbed, drowning, etc. You die before the pain can return. I wouldn't want to drown, but those who have survived near drowning, they say it's actually very peaceful. I hope I never have to drown to find out if they are right.

I guess what bothers me about dying is thinking of what will happen to my body. I wish it would just turn to dust like the sci fi movies. Then my concern would be with those I've left behind that would miss me and mourn for me. Otherwise, from what I have gathered, death is actually a very beautiful experience when you're crossing over.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I guess I didn't make myself clear.

I have looked at and read many many nde experiences and put some faith in them.

What bothered me was the use of a mechanical watch as a way of describing the human body and all it has.

I don't fear death " at least not yet" I really fear and grieve the Loss of a loved one. My wife made up one half of my life and happiness only to lose her at 64 yrs. of her life. We ought to have at least lived out another 10 yrs.

The only thing I see in both a watch and humans, is that we both wear out and stop functioning, and I see nothing there to praise the jw's god.

Outoftheorg

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

A dear friend of mine was just a little girl when a neighbour poured petrol into her father's car and set fire to it, killing her father and severely burning her.

She told me that while she was in hospital.... "I went over to the other side, but they weren't ready for me, so they sent me back. I know where I am going, and I am happy about that."

I hope that I am going where she is going.

Chris

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

When I was 31 years old I couldn't resist asking my 93 year old grandmother what she thought of death. She was very tired looking and her attention was perked as her eyes opened wide as if out of a fog. She nonchalantly said "Oh well we all gotta go sometime. She remained single for 27 years after my grandfathers death. She literally outlived everyone she knew in her lifetime. It was only the next logical step for her. She was tired and needed to rest. She literally died laughing. All things must pass and as a matriarch she left a wonderful example of how to die by always being positive and never complaining. She was also a witness and was smart enough to know who her keepers were. She beleived in god but in private told me that the witnesses were full of shit. Way to play em granny. She still listened to her gut in the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit