Death Sucks

by Undecided 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Backed away
    Backed away
    Don't worry about it!

Well said Gill! coming from someone celebrating their 107th birthday!!

• free2beme
    free2beme

As much as I am not looking forward to death, I do not see it as some terrible end to this life that is going to make living a cruel irony to an eternal depressing aftermath. To me, death is just the door that leads to the next adventure. What will it be? What will it be like? These are all thoughts that scare people, and I have come to terms with what I expect from death and that is why I do not fear it. I only want to make the most of this life now, adventure, love and making this journey wonderful for those who travel it with me. So with this in mind, I do not think death sucks. I think seeing it wrong, worrying about it to much, and not taking the time to enjoy your time in life because of spending to much time trying to make sure you do well after death (Christianity), those suck.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Dude, a trillion living things have died on this planet. Why should you or I be any different? Nothing to be afraid of, it's perfectly normal.

Just embrace what you get and be thankful.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

minister amos..i wish i could have you for a next door neighbor...bravo!!!!!!!!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Ken - I'm glad you shared that. Who were the actors that you admired?

I always wonder whether older people do think about their demise more - but then I probably think about it daily myself, so maybe there's just no change...But its the kind of personal thing you definitely cannot go and ask your grandfolks!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I really like how Blondie put it. Today is a gift, we have no control over the future or the past. Live and do what makes you happy, as long as it does not hurt others. JMO

Leslie

• juni
    juni

When we're little we want to be "older" so we can stay up late at night, right?? You don't want to miss a thing.

Then when we are older it's good to crawl under the guilt! Don't care if we miss something. We'll catch up on it later and maybe not. So what.

I'm approaching 60 in ' 08. Where does time go?? We have to embrace the present as Blondie said.

Take care Ken and may you have a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year 2007!!

Juni

• Undecided
    Undecided

Well, I went to church this morning. The pastor is the same one that I like as a person and I didn't mind seeing the ones there, they were friendly and all welcomed us there. There are not many at this little church, maybe 25 or so. If only I could believe what was being said. I'm still waiting for something to convince me that God is the one talked about in the bible. It just seems to me that man made this God rather than the other way of him making us. He had everyone hold hands in a big circle and prayed, I actually tried to get some feeling of Christ being real but it didn't happen.

I haven't given up on a God but maybe he has given up on me.

Ken P.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I like the way Blondie put it. The present is a gift live it to the full, because:

Death is the greatest trip of all, that's why they leave it for last.

Cheers

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    minister amos..i wish i could have you for a next door neighbor...bravo!!!!!!!!

I doubt that because I always seem to get in trouble with red-heads. Just ask my third wife......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit