Death Sucks

by Undecided 37 Replies latest jw friends

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I just turned 71 last November and lost my wife in last July, so things are kind of quiet and not too active right here in the here and now.

I am the youngest in my family and my siblings died in their late80's and early 90"s, so I think I have a time left.

I plan to make the most of it and enjoy it all. I may find a new mate, there is one lady that wants to get to know me.

But what ever happens I will concentrate on some travel, some boating, some fishing, some camping, and work on my automobiles in the garage and some two way radio work.

I still lift weights, do pushups and walking or using the tread mill and other exercises I have done all my life. Started all this when I was a deputy sheriff. It seems to work.

So far the MD says my body is very well for my age.

So I guess I will see.

Outoftheorg

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Death sucks..So do vacuum cleaners..It`s all part of life..You can`t take it personally...OUTLAW

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

First of all, God will never give up on anyone. Up until the last breathe, He is there!

I heard a story once and it rings well with me. I use this example to my children's friends

You're were walking through a beautiful field full of wild flowers and out in the middle of nowhere, you find a pocket watch.

This pocketwatch is absolutely beautifully crafted, yet the owner is nowhere to be found.

Did that pocketwatch just appear in the midst of that field, miraculously? Or did that pocketwatch have a designer who carefully and patiently created it?

Of course someone created the pocketwatch! We can all reason that out. Yet we have such a hard time with the thought that someone higher and more powerful than ourselves created us. We don't need a biology teacher to display how awesome our own creation is. Our physical body is amazing!

Yet, if we admit there is someone higher than ourselves that created us, then we have to struggle through whether or not we want to answer to this person/being.

If you haven't done so already, try reading your Bible but first, ask God to reveal Himself to you as you read His Word. His Word is Living and His Holy Spirit is interested in you personally. He knows your heart and nothing you tell Him will be of surprise!

Take care and celebrate your life!

• Highlander
    Highlander

I will try using that 'logic'

the pocket watch was created by man, humans were created by god, and god was created by? hmmm I guess it doesn't seem to logical to me.

No offense, but I never did like that illustration. The j-dubs use that type of thinking to prove there is a god.

If something has to have a designer or creator, then the same would apply to the concept of 'god'. If it's not ok to accept that we just happen to exist, then why is it acceptable to

believe that 'god' just happens to exist?

• troucul
    troucul

As long as I have anything to do with women, it can't come soon enough.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

"I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car and into another." The late, great John Lennon

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

most new things make us nervous its human nature, death is just another something new. Worst case scenario we just cease to be and then you won't care any way. But I believe as most that there is something more than life as we know it, but maybe that just because I want to. All I know is always love like it may be the last time.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I sometimes wish I could see death your way 4 truth.

My wife died a few months ago. Here in our home being watched over by Hospice and my self. I took care of her when Hospice wasn't here and when she died, I saw her body shutting down much like my computer does when I turn it off.

Step by step different organs faded away. Then the conclusion was much like the shutdown of my computer's last breaths. The screen slowly fades away.

Her last few breaths and then she was gone.

Sort of like a watch designed to have a designated life expectancy, which insures that the watch will need replacing so the manufacturer can sell another one.

I really don't enjoy the religious nonsense using watches as a way to convince us to believe the various religious groups and their teachings.

Outoftheorg

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Out of the Org: I watched my mother die in a similar way. I held her in my arms as she took her last labored, chain stoke breaths. I saw the pupils in her eyes struggling to keep their round shape as her body fought to very last second to keep alive. Very sad, but then this peace came over Mother. She died from septicemia. Not a pretty or easy way to die.

Religious people aren't the only ones who believe in a here after. You should read books by doctors on near death experiences and death bed visions.

• free2beme
    free2beme
    "I'm not afraid of death because I don't believe in it. It's just getting out of one car and into another." The late, great John Lennon

I wonder if he would have felt the same way, if he knew the tragic and painful way he would die. Death is the end of the physical life, what pain and agony may lead up to that, is what most people fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit