40,000 give or take.

by Blueblades 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Yes, the numbers remain the same year in and year out. 40,000. disfellowedshipped for immorality. Not a word about the millions who have faded or outright left the Watchtower for other reasons ( exception, they cover that over with the wrongful term called Apostate ) that have nothing to do with immorality. So, according to the Watchtower the 40,000 number is constant year in and year out. Out of 6 million witnesses, 40,000 ( that they know of ) are fooling around enough to get them disfellowedshipped. The fader number is left out by saying they ( untold numbers ) were not of our sort, they are Apostates. I have no point here to make, just something I was thinking about so I posted it. What do you think about that number 40,000 year in and year out fooling around. Bogus, I say.

Blueblades

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I am suspicious of any stats the wts publishes these days anyway, but to give a figure of 40,000 year in, year out with barely any alteration sounds like crap to me as well.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They are mailed forms for every DF that occurs. They know the numbers. As the
    organizational control of many families continues, and as freely accessible information
    becomes available on the internet, the real hidden climbing number is in FADERS.

They would really have no idea of faders numbers. They know the number of inactives
    and irregulars, but many faders turn in service reports. They know meeting attendance
    is dropping, but only the local elders could name the particular people missing from them,
    the org. can't tell from these numbers.

40,000 is a huge number, but I would think it would grow. They don't want to give the
    exact growth, as more doubters would see how people are giving up.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Lets get real here:

In recent years we have learned of the term "Cooking the Books" in other words massaging numbers.The society does not have to give any information as to how much they received, how much they spent, on what, on who, what country, yadda, yadda, yadda. They don't have to have any outside accountanting firms checking their finances, they don't have to pay taxes.

There really is no true accounting on any level. Why are there no outside firms monitoring their numbers in any area and why in Gods name isn't this questioned?

r.

• Scully
    Scully
    Why are there no outside firms monitoring their numbers in any area and why in Gods name isn't this questioned?

Unlike other businesses which are required to have independent audits and submit regular accountings to various agencies, the WTS falls under the category of religious privilege and are exempt from such requirements.

• Scully
    Scully

It would be interesting to do an anonymous poll of all JWs and find out what numbers they report to the WTS and what they actually did.

I suspect that a majority of JWs report bogus hours, bogus Placements™, bogus Family Studies™, and bogus Return Visits™, just for starters.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

SKULLY Good Points.

I believe that for the past twenty years alone that the number 40,000 recorded disfellowships would add up to nearly 1 million, and that doesn't include the faders, or cfamilies that just never go back.

I too believe that that figure is far greater then the WTS says. I have always contented that the WTS speaks with a FORK TOUNGE.

Orangefatcat.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So they consistently lose 0.6% of their membership while confessing that while JWs only make up 0.1% of the planet's population, they are likely to be the only ones to have God's favour. There's something strange sitting there that I'm trying to grapple with...

• lawrence
    lawrence

Yes OFC - Forked Tongue WTS, them give bad mojo to unsuspecting householders.

As Traffic would say, "40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind."

• Mary
    Mary

My take on this is that 40,000 is only the number that get the axe for screwing around. How many get the axe for other 'sins', like smoking, celebrating Christmas or their numero uno bugaboo: independent thinking?? When you factor in these sins, plus those that have simply stopped going, and they're probably losing more like 100,000 + each year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit