GLOBAL WARMING ALERT....

by SWALKER 22 Replies latest social current

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I think we should all be very concerned and hope that smarter people can determine it's cause and if there is anything WE can do to help. In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt at all the err on the side of caution. Maybe Bush will rethink his position on the Kyoto Treaty and by EXAMPLE Russia, China, and countries around the world will be moved to participate!

First of all, there is no "cause" to global warming. It is a naturally occurring cycle.

Second of all, let the Russians and the Chinese set the example, but they won't. You know why? Because they are not into suicide and self-loathing, like some in this country are.

Warlock

• JeffT
    JeffT

Swalker

I take from your posts that either you didn't read what I said or can't understand it.

I agree that something is going on with the environment. What is at issue is "What can we do about it, and what happens if we destroy the economy in an effort to stop it and then find out that we had nothing to do with it?"

The weather has been changing constantly for about 4 billion years. Human beings weren't here for most of that time.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

JeffT...maybe we're going round in circles. Thanks for the input. I'm all for the experts agreeing on what it is that we need to do if anything. I hope that all political agendas can be set aside to work out this issue.

Swalker

• SWALKER
    SWALKER
    Because they are not into suicide and self-loathing, like some in this country are.

Are you having a bad day?????

Suicide is watching on the sidelines and doing nothing....when/if something could have been done.

Swalker

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Are you having a bad day?????

With you around? Never!

Suicide is watching on the sidelines and doing nothing

In this case, suicide is self-destruction, like signing the Kyoto Protocol. That's why THEY won't sign it. They are many things, but they are not stupid. Even IF they signed it, I'm sure they would never adhere to it.

Warlock

• Simon
    Simon
    The debate has never been about whether or not its real. It's about what's causing it, and will destroying our economies in an effort to stop it have the desired effect.

Ah, the old "we can't afford to do anything about it" argument ... Wake up. Haven't you noticed everyone else is pissing all over your economy? Why? BECAUSE YOU ARE SO INEFFICIENT!! You can't afford for your economy to suffer from being the only ones NOT doing something to stop it ...

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    Haven't you noticed everyone else is pissing all over your economy?

Gotta' say...I did not notice this. To what economic indicators are you referring?

• Fangorn
    Fangorn

And most of the world is not doing anything to "stop it." Including the screaming lefties in Europe who have missed all their targets.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Swalker: Maybe we are going around in circles. I just think the idea that "doing something, anything" can be a very dangerous course of action.

Simon: No I have not noticed that our economy is being pissed on. I'm too busy spending the profits the record breaking Dow-Jones is bringing to my investment accounts.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    BECAUSE YOU ARE SO INEFFICIENT!!

Inefficient at what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit