GLOBAL WARMING ALERT....

by SWALKER 22 Replies latest social current

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

The Bush Administration has NOW decided that global warming is indeed a FACT and the U.S. is now going to put the POLAR BEAR on the threatened list (barring no set-backs):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16361087/

Swalker

• Bryan
    Bryan

Ancient ice shelf snaps and breaks free from the Canadian Arctic

http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/cp_n122847A.xml.html

Bryan

• JeffT
    JeffT

The debate has never been about whether or not its real. It's about what's causing it, and will destroying our economies in an effort to stop it have the desired effect.

• Gill
    Gill

'Path of the Poles' by Charles Hapgood and foreword by Albert Einstein is a fantastic book for anyone really interested in researching the changes we are experiencing at the moment.

It looks at Continental Drift and Polar Shift theories and when you add the pollution we as humans are making, a lot of climate change begins to make sense.

Have any of you read this book yet?

This is the same man who wrote 'Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings'. There is a map of origin around the 1500s whic maps the Antartic. They actually were able to measure longitude far earlier than when we, the present 'advanced' civilisation did which was the late 1800s.

Please read this book if you have time. Both the books are fantastic!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Bryan, thanks for posting the link! To think that a chunk the size of 11,000 football fields broke off is astounding!

Gill, I'll look at the book you suggested...sounds interesting.

JeffT...I guess I just made up the following article:

"President Bush and the Environment

While the War on Terror and the economy have commanded most news coverage, President Bush and his administration have been in a constant campaign of weakening and dismantling decades of environmental protections under the close supervision of the polluting industries that have donated millions to the Bush Administration and the Republican Party.

Within days of the inauguration, Vice President Dick Cheney began efforts to draft the nation's energy policy. The so-called Energy Task Force that Cheney assembled was made up of experts from the oil, natural gas, coal, and nuclear industries and predictably called for more oil and gas drilling, more coal production, the construction of nuclear plants that hadn't been ordered in the United States since the 1979 meltdown at Three Mile Island, and the withdrawal on a campaign promise by President Bush to reduce industrial emissions of carbon dioxide. (See the Dick Cheney article for more information on the Energy Task force).

The Bush Administration was later criticized for granting Kenneth Lay, board chairman of energy corporation Enron, significant influence on the Energy Task Force when it was revealed that Lay was a close family friend and known to President Bush as "Kenny-Boy". Lay had given $623,000 dollars to Bush throughout his political career, making him Bush's largest individual lifetime contributor.

Global Warming

Also quick into his administration in March 2001, George W. Bush withdrew the United States from the Kyoto Protocol on global warming. The Kyoto Protocol is an international agreement formed in 1997 among 186 nations to reduce industry-emitted greenhouse gases in order to prevent human-induced climate change. The remaining signers of the Protocol were notably disappointed in Bush's withdrawal considering the position of the United States as a world leader, and its 24% share of world carbon dioxide emissions. Many countries including Japan expressed dismay, hoping for a future agreement to fight global warming in which all countries participate. Not only was President Bush skeptical about the very existence of global warming, he claimed Kyoto's effect on the U.S. economy would be devastating, as it would require his corporate financiers to expend financial resources on improving their polluting facilities."

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

An inconvenient truth, the planetary emergency of global warming and what ou can do about it. By Al Gore. Read the book, did not see the movie. Is it really a crisis?

Blueblades

• Warlock
    Warlock

SWALKER,

Go tell the Chinese and the Russians.

Warlock

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    JeffT...I guess I just made up the following article:

Swalker,

I'm certain you didn't "make it up" but...I'm fairly certain it is not from a major news outlet (http://www.republicandictionary.com/article_environment.shtml) . Is that website your source?

To post the article without identifying the source, especially when it is a clearly biased source, makes me wonder about how you consume and digest the media.

Do you eat your media-vegtables, too....or just left-wing (which even you won't deny that website is) red meat? :-)

Steve

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Good grief, here we go again....

I can't believe that we are even having this discussion...I have watched the far-right sneer at the thought of global warming and try to make anyone speaking out about it look like idiots! Now it seems that since the Bush Adm. is getting on the bandwagon somewhat, history is about to be re-written. Next they'll be saying THEY were the ones trying to do something about it all along!!!!!!!!!!

I personally watched Steve Forbes on Fox several nights ago start LAUGHING about GLOBAL WARMING!!! When Al Gore was brought up they all rolled their eyes... Next, I'll hear how concerned they all are!!!!!

I think we should all be very concerned and hope that smarter people can determine it's cause and if there is anything WE can do to help. In the meantime, it wouldn't hurt at all the err on the side of caution. Maybe Bush will rethink his position on the Kyoto Treaty and by EXAMPLE Russia, China, and countries around the world will be moved to participate!

Swalker

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

SWALKER,

Go tell the Chinese and the Russians.

I'll go if you'll go Warlock!!!

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit