uggggggghhhhh...**coughcough**...blah...

by kittyeatzjdubs 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

I'm like a walking Nyquil advertisement...coughing, drainage, sore throat, over all icky feeling.

BUT....I don't have anymore days off left so I get to drag my sick ass to work. hooray corporate america.

I'm going to wipe my snot all over the coffe pot just to smite them.

oh! and the best part?....i work in a call center...so that means i get to talk on the phone all day with a SORE THROAT.

ugh...*cough*

~luv, jojo

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've been fighting that darn thing for a WEEK now. My sympathies, dear.

• juni
    juni

This virus is going around. My husband started out w/a cold and awful cough. Lasted 2 weeks. Then went into his sinuses. Had to go to a UrgiCare clinic on Christmas day. Got antibiotics cause he now had a secondary sinus infection.

Take care of yourself and if you start feeling better and then quickly start feeling bad again - it's time to go see a doc.

Juni

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    I've been fighting that darn thing for a WEEK now. My sympathies, dear.

Thanks jgnat. here's some hot tea for you. Juni - I keep wondering if I have strep or something. I checked my throat this morning when I got up, but my lighting isn't very good in my apartment. Normally, I'd blame it on allergies, but everything I'm allergic to is dead right now...pollen and all that crap. If I don't start feeling any better by the weekend, I'm going to the doctor. ~jojo

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Keep yourself hydrated. Drink and eat clear liquids. Chicken broth, lemon lime soda, jello, things like that there! I feel for you, having to work when you're sick has got to be a bummer. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I used up ALL my leave time at work in November & December fighting bronchitis. Stay away from milk and all milk products like cheese until you are better--I did that, plus drank a lot of water and herb teas and it helped keep the mucous away.

Also--have you tried Mucinex pills? They work great!

Hope you feel better soon.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I feel for you - we've been down with the nasty bug for over 2 weeks and it took a second bite out of us just when we thought we were over it. My sister started out with the sore throat, then the headache, then she thought it was gone - went to work and ended up 3 days later at the doctors being treated for strep and major sinus infection. She got sick the day she got home from her vacation and apparently there was some sort of virus, I think she called it Norwalk? that is highly contagious, that she picked up. I started to think we should have shares in Dayquil...sammieswife.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    She got sick the day she got home from her vacation and apparently there was some sort of virus,

That's exactly what happened from me. Came back to Nashville after spending christmas w/ Matt and BOOM! Sick as crap.

I've never heard of Norwalk virus...i'm going to google it and see if any of the symptoms match mine. thanks!

~luv, jojo

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Ahhhhhhhh...get better soon! I'm sick too. I'm pooping it all out though. Fine from the waist up. Oh hahaha...no...poo,poo,poo,poo!! Any kind of flu it is NASTY!

hug...mumsy

• evetteto
    evetteto

Goodness, I hope you feel better. My husband too had it for abt 5-6 weeks...we kiss all the time, however I never got it...I drink plenty of hot Green Tea with a little lemon juice no sweetner..2-3 cups a day. You may be able to find Echinecea in tea form as well...Get Well Soon!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit