uggggggghhhhh...**coughcough**...blah...

by kittyeatzjdubs 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Thanks mumsy and evetteto.

No....no Norwalk for me...that sounds more like a stomach, diarhhea thing. Mine's all throat related.

I guess I'll just have to ride it out.

~luv, jojo

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    BUT....I don't have anymore days off left so I get to drag my sick ass to work. hooray corporate america.

Corporate UK has gone the same way too. Large firms discipline you for "too much" sickness.

Get well soon Kitty

• dmouse
    dmouse

Gargling with soluble asprin helps with a sore throat.

Use decongestant cough mixture during the day to clear the tubes and cough suppressive at night to help you sleep.

Hot chicken soup has been proven to help a little, more than any other hot liquid (but no one knows why), and of course keep yourself dosed up with an analgesic of choice.

Vitamin C levels drop dramatically during a cold so take supplements, preferably with zinc. (I believe that cold viruses first take hold in the throat and I've warded off quite a few sucking vitamin C and zinc lozenges).

Of course it's too late now but the single most effective preventative measure against colds is to frequently wash your hands.

• luna2
    luna2

Hope all you sickies feel better soon!

We've had something bronchial going on around here too...seems to last a couple of weeks. Yuck!

• frozen one
    frozen one

Misery loves company. I've had a bugger of a cold for a week now. I used a friend's sauna a couple of times and that seemed to help temporarily anyway. If you know anyone or anyplace that has a sauna you can access go use it. Don't forget to bring the vodka. Today I'm feeling way better. I haven't used any cold meds since last night and things seems to be draining pretty well. How a thing as little as a nose produces so much gunk is beyond me. If you are an investor buying Kleenix stock would be a good move. Get well soon.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

oy I feel for ya! I am finally feeling a little more human today. But from Saturday to last night I was like you.

Working and being sick just don't go together. When you get home just get as much sleep as you possibly can.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

A girl here at work just gave me some cough syrup.

This stuff...

alt

...feels sooooo good. It's really cold feeling, like menthol.....aaaahhh...

~luv, jojo

• juni
    juni

JoJo said:

Juni - I keep wondering if I have strep or something. I checked my throat this morning when I got up, but my lighting isn't very good in my apartment. Normally, I'd blame it on allergies, but everything I'm allergic to is dead right now...pollen and all that crap. If I don't start feeling any better by the weekend, I'm going to the doctor

You have to have a culture made of a throat swab in order to verify strep. I've had the worst sore, mean looking throat and it wasn't strep. And other times, it doesn't seem that bad (the throat) and it comes back positive.

Take care sweetie!

Juni

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

poor thing. I called in sick today too. same thing. santa gave me a relapse cold this christmas. I would have been happier with a lump of coal.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    I'm pooping it all out though.

Thank you for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit