Drinking (booze) among "Gods" people......More then ever now?

by new boy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

at bethel on gilead grad lunch my table heads wife who normally was pretty reserved was almost falling out of her chair drunk and had to old herself up on me most of the time at one point falling asleep on my shoulder it was hilarrious

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Well I can say that from what I saw/did this is very true!

For me I don't drink much now (maybe two or three drinks every other week), but when I was a JW I LOVED alcohol! Others new it and came to our house to drink. I had enough hard liquor to fill a bar. And when we had a party it was cases of beer for for only 5 or 6 hard drinkers (me being the worst since I didn't have to drive home, and could hold my beer very well).

TheHypnoToad don't sign no post!

• new boy
    new boy

Frist time I ever got drunk was at bethel..............drank a whole of cold duck........throw up all over my room!

My room mate asked "what was wrong"...........I said "I was sick"...........I was too..........of Bethel

• Arthur
    Arthur
    I quit drinking. It was about a year after that when I started to realize I was thinking a lot more clearly, and that much of that thinking was critical (as in "critical thinking"). I now realize I drank to suppress the nagging doubts that plague many a dub

Wow, this was exactly the same case with me. I too needed to drink to suppress all of the feelings and cognitive dissonance that I experienced as a JW. When I quit drinking; this is when I could no longer suppress my doubts and observations about the org.

I've always said that they should install beer taps at the Kingdom Halls for the brothers; and install Prozac despensers for the sisters. I'm guessing that they probably have a steady supply of LSD at the 25 Coumbia Heights building.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Is this.......... a way of sounding......... drunk........ over the internet?

• steve2
    steve2

People generally drink alcohol to get relief from unwanted thoughts and emotions; that is, their thoughts and emotions upset them so much that they need to turn to something external to take away the pain. Little wonder that, among JWs, alcohol serves that purpose because their faith itself gives them very little comfort.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I read a very long article about the dangers of drinking too much and the effect it has on your body, mind and central motor functions; its scared the living daylights ouf of me....so I've decided.....

v

v

v

No more bloody reading!

DB74

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It is a true shame and I concur as I have seen it many times, but to a bit of a smart aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, 99 mags in the door, take one out and pass it around 98 mags in the door. they have brought it upon themselves

abr

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

The more I think about it.##### The more and more JWs, I can name ("DRINK WAY!!!' more then thay should) keep coming to mind.######### And I can name alot just like meny of you can.################ As mater a fact how meny Dub's do you know that don't drink at all???############################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################### This site sucks posting from a MAC... Please Simon can we fix that???

I remember one night my father woke me up at about 2:00 a.m. and said "we need to go".

Well where we went was to another elders house to pick him up out of his front yard as he had passed out there after striping down to bare skin. His non believing wife called my dad for help. This was not a one time thing, it happened at least once a month or more. However this same elder would bed mouth me in the elders meetings saying i don't have a spritual bone in my body. This was because when he asked me if I wanted to go to bethel, I told him i had a job and bills to pay. He then said "what if the congragation pays your bills would you go then?" I said "No, and your nuts if you think the concrgation would pay my bills."

So don't dis the elder but be a drunken slob and you will go far!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit