For the ex JWs and lurkers.......

by A-Team 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• A-Team
    A-Team

Why does the Watchtower prevent independant research on doctrines, beliefs and Watchtower History?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They are afraid of what can be found out and of losing control of the rank and file.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well, they can't actually prevent it, but they do discourage it.

The reason is that they are well aware of the number of jws who did do independent research into jw doctrines, saw how unscriptural many of them were, and ended up leaving the wts. I fit into that category myself - once I started researching without the aid of watchtower publications, it didn't take me long to realise that the jws do not have the truth, so I disassociated.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good question. I guess if people knew about all the dates that turned out to be wrong and all the cover-up that those false dates engendered, people might wonder whether or not God really is focused on just one group of people.

• moshe
    moshe

I sure wish someone could have had the cajones to do a talk about Pastor Russell or Judge Rutherford in my old KH. It amazes me that no JW ever wants to use the history of God's one true organization on earth in talk for KH ministry school

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

It has been and is becoming one of the biggest flaws, as they try to prevent others from using their minds, it goes against the Bible where we are told to seek, keep knocking, keep asking, that was meant for MANKIND not 10-16 men depending on the number of the "FD Slave class". By using the Bible one can see that we are told to give no credit or credance to those who are obsessed with chronology. It has nothing to do with bring praise to God and Christ or our salvation. It actually detracts from the truth of Gods Word and the simplistic message from God.

abr

• becca1
    becca1

The poor, the uneducated and the uninformed are easy to seduce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit