I need HELP and ADVICE. PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE READ

by theyoungone 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I say it's time for you to get into the book 'Crisis of Conscience' and 'In Search of Christian Freedom' both by Ray Franz. It seems like you are at the point where those books can do you alot of good. They are a good stepping stone that can help get you out of the mindset you are in right now.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Think about this for a second: would a loving god require you to choose between him and what's in your heart? Would he create you so that you would be in constant conflict? Buddy, the jehovah's witnesses are a cult. Check into their history. Check into their prophecy record. Read Steven Hassan's book, Combatting Cult Mind Control.

If there is a god, he doesn't need an organization to control you or a written doctrine to enslave you. Doesn't it make sense that you would be closer to him by following the intuition he instilled inside you?

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

You need to do some serious research. Don't rush yourself. You CAN read publications not put out by the Watchtower how do you think they get their information that they publish in the the magazines someone had to read the OTHER publications. The reason they say you can't is its part of their control. If you read other publications besides theirs your eyes may be open. You can also start by reading the bible yourself. It seems like a daunting task, but if you just read the New Testament alone (preferrably a different version then the NWT, I personally like the NIV version) The truth will be apparant to you. That is what opened my eyes I started reading the bible and realized they really weren't teaching the bible, they take things out of context and twist meanings. When I was having doubts the elders came to my house to try and encourage me. I had questions about different teachings and questioned them using the bible, after two hours one of the elders told me and I quote "You know what your problem is, you think too much" So take your time, do some research and reading. There is no need to rush. I will pray for you and may you find the true peace of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ. It is truly amazing!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm beginning to really like you, youngone. You are asking lots of serious questions. Like the other responders, I, too, think you need to broaden your understanding of life, God, and your purpose. That means you need to be reading and learning from sources beyond the Watchtower materials.

I fear, though, you may not settle enough to read a whole book through. How about starting with a video? Watch this and tell me what you think.

http://www.fathersloveletter.com/fllpreviewlarge.html

• somegirl
    somegirl

I grew up in the truth df'd reinstated now inactive. the big thing is to stick with your discion, dont keep going back and forth with if 'I should go back or not,' thats the worst.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome to the board, somegirl.

• Schism
    Schism

Welcome Somegirl!

I'm glad youngone is 19, so he is legally an adult. I think you should just buy the book "Crises of Conscience" and at least glance through it. I haven't read the whole thing yet, but the parts I have were shocking. Let me tell you, the guys in Brooklyn are evil....enough said!

If I were you, I wouldn't be looking to the JWs for any possible way to make God happy. Like Gary said, you would be taking the word from some crazies and following it, when the book they are going by, the Bible, isn't even authentic (at least not anymore).

Are you still living at home?

• somegirl
    somegirl

if your still living at home and want out of being a jw, move out as soon as possible.

thanks for the welcome, nice to meet you.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

when the book they are going by, the Bible, isn't even..........

they don't go by the bible - it's a spiritual book, not literal - they say they do, but they most certainly don't

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

New One, reread the posts, some real good advise from Renee, Jeremiah and Pratt. In looking at your sign in and your style of writing. I would just add, you seem to talk in circles but don't complete one. Your sign in, is that your age or new to the forum? Interesting post from you, you mentioned everyone but God, ask yourself, who am I doing this for? Remember Jesus said that the two greatest commands, Love of God and neighbor. Whether the end is tomorrow or a long way off, always remember no man dictates who will get life. Read the Bible, it seems that your thoughts are based on human thinking and wisdom, and the Bible says that is foolishness to God.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit