I need HELP and ADVICE. PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE READ

by theyoungone 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

May I ask: How old are you? You appear to be very young. If so, it is very difficult to answer some questions. The only thing I can tell you is that you have to be true to yourself. You can't do things because others want you to. Again, the age factor is very important. I can advice you that you shouldn't live a double life. If you want to go back you have to be genuine. How do you feel about God, the Bible, JW's teachings in general? Go to another church? I wouldn't do that, you are going to find faults there as well, more than in the organization. If you are a spiritual person then think for yourself how to better attain a better relationship with God, without thinking about religion in general. Search within yourself and analyze what you've been taught. The reason for you being df'd even after going and confessing, might have been because, like you said you were "caught". Would you have confess if not? That is probably why you were df'd, they "sensed" you were not repentant. I don't know your family situation either and how they are treating you, if they are witnesses.

Again there are a lot of factors we need to know before we can give you the proper advice. I don't see how talking negatively about the Organization would help here. That they were involved with the UN I couldn't believe it until I saw it. And even then I still have a lot of doubts as far as the motive behind it. Only time will tell.

Let us know more about yourself without revealing too much of your intimate life. Maybe a little more background will be helpful in helping you.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Are you guys acctually happy living your lives with no hope really knowing that your going to die in like 50 years or so.

Yep. I know it seems strange, to exchange life in paradise for less than a century of troublesome life in "this old system". But does the "New System" really exist? If it does, then you're right, it's a question. But if it doesn't, then there really is no question. If there's no New System, then WE'RE ALL going to die in 50 years or so. That changes the question to, "Are you actually happy living your life in servitude to the Watchtower, knowing you only get 50 years or so?"

I'm not at all happy spending my remaining years living the JW life. I have real friends now that won't turn their back on me if I change religions along the line. I am encouraged by my peer group to better myself, so I can enjoy life even more. My life has hope NOW, that *I* control. It's a great feeling.

I hope you get to feel it, too. Give yourself a chance -- read something not published by the Watchtower. Learn about evolution, the history of the Bible, the impossibility of "Noah's Flood"; then decide for yourself how likely the New System is.

Dave

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This might be a good point in time for you to take a step back and.... relax

You sound very scared in you post, you are not sure what it going to happen with your eternal future. What if JWs are right? What should I do?

Let us turn you maybe into a definate yes. Let us assume that the JWs are right, where does that leave you? Basically you are SOL. Now you must do whatever they want you to do to get 'back into Gods favor'. And how is this done???? You must work, work, work, work, work, work, towards self improvement. You must prove yourself worthy of their 'virtue'.

Ask yourself this question, is this how God works? Would Jesus require that somebody work for months in order to pay of their sins? IS THIS THE GOSPEL OF THE BIBLE?????

If JWs are correct in what they have done to you I can say without flinching that their religion is not the same one I have read about in the New Testament. They have treated you like garbage, take the time now to find out the reasons why they do this!

You have a freedom now that you never had before. Confront your fears, question their authority, you will be shocked at what you find.

I wish you the best and hope you post here often, we can answer any questions you have.

-Drew

• mouthy
    mouthy

what if the new system is coming soon like the org keeps saying

I am 79....I was told my daughter of 4 would never go to kindergarten ( By a Curcuit Servant) She died at 42...... The promise of the Paradise earth is a "carrot" held by the WT to keep people in bondage. God gave you a mind to think..... But not to lead an immoral life as it hurts the one leading it.I know before I was a JW I did not believe in God & did things I am ashamed of today. The WT teaches some good morals BUT they also teach much that is NOT from GOD, For instance teaching people to hate those who have left the WT is evil.. Because God said" LOVE THINE ENEMIES"if you want to leave the WT to do things that will harm YOURSELF by drugs,lying, hurting others by fraud,smoking( which wont stop you from going to heaven just makes you smell like you have been to hell lol) So my advice to you is. If you want to keep your MUM & DAD then go back but dont be a bad example do all they ORDER, No birthdays, no Christmas, no Fathers day ,No Mothers day, No Valentines Day...Three meetings a week Thursday ,Tuesday, Sunday, Service Sat & every other free time. Counting time for the selling of Magizines. BUT if you do love GOD!!!!! Do as HE suggested. THINK!!!! FOLLOW NO MAN AT ALL. DO UNTO OTHERS as YOU would like them to do to you.... But live a decent ,kind fruitful life Micah 6:8
    My 2 cents........

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

As the old saying goes, "When in doubt, do nothing". You need to think on it. "Count the cost" as the dubs always say.

• vitty
    vitty

Cindi 67 you said

The reason for you being df'd even after going and confessing, might have been because, like you said you were "caught". Would you have confess if not? That is probably why you were df'd, they "sensed" you were not repentant. I don't know your family situation either and how they are treating you, if they are witnesses.

I dont think the reasoning that the elders "sensed" that he was not repentant is good enough..................not, when a persons life is a stake or what consequences the shunning does ..............especially to a young person.

And confessing, why should someone have to confess to elders when they could have confessed AND been forgiven by God

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Are you guys acctually happy living your lives with no hope really knowing that your going to die in like 50 years or so.

But I still have hope. I belive that my faith in Jesus Christ will give me a life in heaven after this one is over.

Instead of deciding that either you are going to live in a paradise or you are going to die, why don't you look into the idea that the WT might be COMPLETELY wrong? I was at the same place you were a while back and I talked to a lady who helped me to learn that God loved me and was forgiving. She told me that eternal life is a FREE gift and we couldn't earn or diserve it. What Jesus really did was to pay the penalty for our sins. He did not die to balance some scales. God knew that we were so imperfect that we could never measure up to his righteous standards so he sent us a Savior. Jesus paid that penalty so we wouldn't have to. Now we are good to please God and love him but it doesn't seperate us from his love when we mess up. We do 'works' as a thank-you to him for providing a way to heaven. Works nor being good can get you there. Its works and being good that we do to thank God for what he has done for us.

I'm telling you -- the WT is not just wrong on some false dates, the UN thing, and the lack of love that they have. They also have their theology screwed up. (for example: The great crowd is said to be in heaven 4 times -- see Rev 19:1 for starters).

PM me if you need to.

Renee

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Try reading the bible for yourself. First you must, as best a person can fresh out of the WT, unlearn what you have learned. Try to go into the bible with an open mind and heart and it's very important to read it in context. Read the entire new testament starting with the Gospels. You can also pray to God to show you His truth before you start.

If you are concerned about salvation (paradise) read John, Galations, and Ephesians.

I'll leave you with something to think about. The JW is a religion of self-righteousness. It's a religion of self-salvation. It's a religion of works. You have to work to get reinstated. You have to work once your in good standing by going out in FS 10 hrs a month. You have to make it to 90% of the meetings. You have to keep up with your privileges. You have to comment. You have to smile. I'm sure I'm leaving out a few things out. Do all this and you MAY be saved.

4Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. 5However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. 6David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works:
    7"Blessed are they
    whose transgressions are forgiven,
    whose sins are covered.
    8Blessed is the man
    whose sin the Lord will never count against him."(Romans 4:4-8)

We've all heard this one a million times, but...

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.(Jn 14:6)

....think about it. Where is the WT's authority for salvation?

• xjwms
    xjwms

I will just add one thing.....

If there was just "one" tiny bit of evidence that the Watchtower Corportation is appointed by the almighty then we could look at them

and ASK, .... Why is everything they say delayed? the generation, ... the end, ... and on and on.

ITS TIME TO GO OUT AND MAKE SOME MONEY AND START LIVING. !!!

• pratt1
    pratt1

I don't think that any of us "posters" can give you the magic answer to your questions.

The best you can do is to make a decision about your future that enables you to live a productive life that You can be proud of.

In the end you need to be happy with your choices in life and not give up the priveledge and responsibility of making your life decesions to anyone, or organization.

Are you prepared to play by the Borgs rules?

If not are you prepared to get your ass thrown out at a moments notice because of some one elses belief?

Are you prepared to walk away from the relationships you currently have, including family?

These are tough questions, with tough answers, but you need to be honest with your feelings and how you want to live your life.

Either way , don't fall into despair. Some how things things seem to work themmselves out for the best.

That's just my 2 cents.

Good Luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit