USA detaining IRANIAN senior military officials in IRAQ

by Bryan 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    After Iraq they will be more thorough in making a case for war.

I seriously doubt that. I think it would take another 9-11 to gain support for attacking Iran without major backlash in Congress and the populace. However, he's not going to have an easy time convincing people that Iran attacked us, because he lost trust when people began to realize that Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11. The Bush Administration would have to do a lot more to convince folks, but taking a look at all sides of an issue is not the President's strong suit.

Politically, I think he is spent. His own party has abandoned him, his neocon friends are mostly gone, and Democrats are itching to capitalize on the midterm elections. The only things he can do now in his lame duck 2 years left is hope the Green Zone is not bombarded and overrun with militias (or some other major setback befalls American troops), and hope he can avoid becoming impeached.

• freyd
    freyd

QUOTE.."I think it would take another 9-11 to gain support for attacking Iran without major backlash in Congress."

Such a provocation could easily be manufactured.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I know that there are many examples in history of governments manufacturing situations to escalate events and foment war. I have viewed the research in the truth about 911 and I'm intriqued. However with the future war with radical Islam I do not think it will be necessary to manufacture a reason for much longer.

Millions of people are being taught from youth up that Zionists must die. By Zionists they refer to Israel and the West. Add to that severe poverty, the US wars and the propaganda created from the already horrifying results of those wars and you have millions of young men and women who want to go to war. They will find a way and it will not need to be manufactured.

The question is will the West wait until something happens or will they act first? Will they feel that the Public won't understand and give us a reason like Pearl Harbor or will they just tell us this is what they are doing.

It must be interesting to be a Christian that believes that the literal Nation of Israel being formed was a fulfillment of prophecy and that the threat of her destruction will bring the end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit