Prince Thanks "Jehovah God" on BET Awards Tonight...

by owenfieldreams 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Confession
    Confession

I heard that, early on in Prince's studying with JWs, Larry Graham told him he needed to be baptized in the waters of Lake Minnetonka. So he took him to a body of water and Prince was there dunked--even though it was an icy cold March morning. Afterward Larry told the shivering Purple One, "Sorry. That wasn't Lake Minnetonka!"

Just kidding... But it would have been a nice payback for his doing the same thing to Apollonia! (The above was taken from a scene in Prince's motion picture, "Purple Rain.") Sorry, I'm tired and getting punchy...

• free2beme
    free2beme

It is his right to thank who ever he wants, right?

• Confession
    Confession

Cetainly, free. Don't think anyone here is saying it isn't.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Michael Jackson Returns to United States for a Gig on the Strip
    Vegas Pop, NV - 6 hours ago
    Is felllow Jehovah Witness, Prince involved in helping Michael re-launch his career while he's on a break from his 3121 Club gig at the Rio starting after New ...

Michael Jackson Returns to United States for a Gig on the Strip?

Posted Dec 24th 2006 9:07AM by Robin Leach
    Filed under: Shows, Celebrity, Luxe Life, Breaking News

Questions are swirling this Christmas Eve as to why pop-star Michael Jackson flew here after midnight ending a six-month exile in the Mid East and Michael Flatley's Irish castle. Is felllow Jehovah Witness, Prince involved in helping Michael re-launch his career while he's on a break from his 3121 Club gig at the Rio starting after New Years Eve? Prince leaves for three-months for a tour that begins after his Super Bowl appearance in mid-January.
    -----

Comment box at end of blog

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    fellow Jehovah Witness, Prince involved in helping Michael re-launch his career

Hmmmmm

• blondie
    blondie

Bring honor to the person, I guess JWs don't celebrate wedding anniversaries, give baby or wedding showers? The thing to remember if you are trying to make a point with a JW who is in, that the honor point is a minor point, secondary in regard to birthdays. We all know what the major points are that JWs use.

Of course the WTS is a major hypocrite, but I wouldn't use this point to prove it with a JW.

Blondie

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

On a general point this habit of thanking god for awards, sporting achievements etc seems to be real American affliction recently. It really gets on my bloody nerves
    I'm sure the founding fathers of the US like Franklin, Jefferson, Adams, Madison, Paine would turn in their graves at the thought of US citizens enjoying the freedoms they inaugorated slipping out of the enlightenment into unthinking religiosity and vaingloriously invoking god as reasons for their success and thereby damning their fellow contestants to be lesser people and unworthy of the godly help they received.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I value a speech like that at about ten thousand JWD posts for the amount of anti-witnessing it does!

• pratt1
    pratt1

What I want to know is, did Prince get a scriptual divorce from his wjfe?

If so, who cheated?

Unless the normal rules don't apply to the rich.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

It's all about the money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit