How Have You Changed Since Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I grew up.

As a JW I was scared of just about everything. So the unnecessary fear is gone. Therapy helped with that and the guilt and shame. I learned how to find my voice and use it.

My values are pretty much the same but now they aren't dictated by an organization. They are based on my personal beliefs about right and wrong.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Maybe I am in "Babylon the Great," but I'm not in "Watchtower Not So Great"

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Lost over 120 lbs.

Had sex

Had 3 kids (see above)

Learned that my thoughts are MY OWN

Learned to not be afraid of my own instincts

Learned that I am not bad for thinking things other than what I am told to think.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I laugh now.

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

I'm a pastor, and very happy.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Yes, I did change..but for the better. I love to live now. I'm not always feeling guilty about not going to the meetings or studying enough. I don't have to feel bad about lying on time reports. To be honest...the lying isn't there now cause I don't have to now. That's a good feeling. I can be me. I can feel good about my spiruality now.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Since leaving I am a much nicer person. I believe now that as long as you are not hurting anyone live anyway you like. I have had enough judgment and condemnation to last a lifetime.

Leslie

• Kaput
    Kaput

Don't wear a suit & tie anymore.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Well said abbagail, I agree with your sentiments completely.

abr

• abbagail
    abbagail

Well, thankya thankya thankya avidbiblereader! ;)

I should have added that I went thru *H* first, to get there, but now I consider it part of the "purifying process." ;)

Really, great replies from EVERYBODY.

/ag

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit