Apostates

by Honesty 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

How grateful are you for them?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Very grateful for them, one of them got me out of the wts, and very happy to be one now.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Never knew there were apostates until I quit the borg. myself.

Ken P.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Holy Crap! There's apostates HERE?!?!?!?!

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

how can i be grateful to people who paved the broad road to destruction? i have to admit, the road is much smoother and there are less dickheads... but still, i don't look forward to dying and having my bones used as building blocks for the new-system homes.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I praise Allah for them daily.

Kwin

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    how can i be grateful to people who paved the broad road to destruction? i have to admit, the road is much smoother and there are less dickheads... but still, i don't look forward to dying and having my bones used as building blocks for the new-system homes.

Ooooooooook So glad I don't have that attitude.

I love exjw apostates.

Josie

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I am not at all grateful for 'apostates' (in the context used), though I do feel sorry for them.

They willingly allow the JW pejorative use of the word to be applied to them, and are even proud to be labelled that way, which reflects deep emotional scarring that has been inflicted on them. And for that, they have my genuine sympathy.

But for as long as they wear their scar as a badge of honour, they never really heal. It has a tendency to make them bitter and vindictive, instead of moving on with their lives.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I am not at all grateful for 'apostates' (in the context used), though I do feel sorry for them.They willingly allow the JW pejorative use of the word to be applied to them, and are even proud to be labelled that way, which reflects deep emotional scarring that has been inflicted on them. And for that, they have my genuine sympathy.But for as long as they wear their scar as a badge of honour, they never really heal. It has a tendency to make them bitter and vindictive, instead of moving on with their lives.

Many of my dear African American friends took the "N" word and use it in everyday language with each other. It does tend to desense the original meaning, which was derogatory in nature, into a badge of honor for them.

I don't find any of them scarred, bitter or vindictive.

• kls
    kls

To the jws Apostate is someone vile , so that just makes me like them even more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit