Were You Ever Falsely Accused By The Elders Regarding Anything???

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR
    Very interesting comments! Thank you!! RR, those elders were after you on immorality and apostasy. Whew!

Actually, two different congreations, two different states. The immorality charge was in New York, when I was fairly young in "da Troof", about 22 or so. The apostasy charges were in two congregations in New Jersey. I stepped down and my wife and I joined a nearby congregation, but the rumors of course followed me and the two body of elders tried their best to get me. One ministerial servant in the last congregation thought if he could catch the big bad apostate, he may get rewarded to elder. RR

• blondie
    blondie

I won't give details but I will say that in each of the 3 cases over 25 years could easily have been resolved if they had asked the right people. But they asked the people who would tell them what they wanted to hear. In each case I found that the body had assigned two elders to "investigate." The other elders assumed the first two had followed through. So when I was accused (always have another person on your side present and never go to the "backroom"), it took only 60 seconds to blow their accusation out of the water. It is amazing how angry the first 2 elders got, some of the other elders realized they had been manipulated by the first 2. It was never the first 2 elders that apologized. When I got an apology it was from 2 elders who had been in the dark.

Better to confess to something you didn't do than make an elder look like a jerk.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Nothing worse than having elders who have it in for you to be the unbiased investigators.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    "Just to let you know we're thinking of you during this testing time regarding your health. The principle in the scripture that things are established by having 2 or 3 witnesses, can be applied to accepting a diagnosis of our health. Let 2 or 3 independent authorities agree about it then we in the congregation can accept it. One's spiritual health must not be neglected."

This is one of the most outrageous things I have ever read. Other than that, I'm pretty much speechless.

Warlock

• minimus
    minimus

Talk about scripture twisting....

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I swore there was a campanign against me for years. My father was the leader of the band, He did everything including following me on several occaisions to see where I was spending my time all day. We lived next door to each other and he was a regular spy, watching who would come in and out of my drive way. I was unbelievable. My life was not my own. I hated that very much. His number one contention was that I was an alcholic. He had been a terrible violent alcoholic up until i was 13 years old, he was apparently on his death bed according to him and mom, So he woke up one day and saw the light. And JW was that light !!! Oh dear God. His objective was

he needed to catch me drunk. Being an alcoholic he assumed he had to have one child that was a lush. Just he picked on the wrong child. He hated it that I fraternized with my neighbours, eating and having a few beers and it pissed him that for years he and mom established a good example to the neighbours and I come along and he says I destroyed all in one day. Oh we were next door to each other.

As an elder his ambition to get me was for real. I was so peeved by him and mom. They didn't even speak to me for two years or more, because they said I was a terrible example as a JW and that he would get me. He and mom moved away from their house for two years, just to be away from me who had done nothing wrong.

One particular occassion it was my ex husbands company picnic. I was accused of having been drunk, I wasn't but felt a nice buzz or glow. Another elder was at this picnic and he and his family were watching how much I drank and the two witnesses we sat with at the picnic did nothing but sit there and count how much I had to drink. They accused me of drinking 18 bottles of beer. In that case I should have been out cold. Even the young witness that was with our family he was under age and he wanted some beer really bad, so I had an Idea, He had a water gun and so I said I will get some beer and fill it into the water gun. ( shouldn't have done that but..) So I went up and got two bottles of beer. (Later I was severely counselled for having the nerve to get 2 bottles of beer at one time) Well that elder didn't know I was getting it for the young guy with us. He was 17, just under the drinking age. So like a good person I am I poured the beer into the water gun under the table. But gee that elder and his family were just disgusted with my conduct. They failed to see how much this elder was drinking and he was drunk. (He was at the committe meeting to counsel me for my drinking problem) Wow I was so f..in mad I said some not so nice things at that committe meeting. Of course that didn't end the issue. But that elder was by the next meeting no longer an elder..

The POs' daughter invited us to her wedding there was a lot of booze, lots and lots. There were many at this wedding but was kept under scrutiny by the elder father. I had a couple of drinks and a couple of bottles of beer over a period of several hours. It was getting time to leave, I was going back to the kingdom hall to get my car as I car pooled with someone else. This someone else is really thick with my father. Anyway prior to leaving the wedding I spoke to the PO, the Watchtower overseer and the Bible Study elder, said my good nights and thanks yous and then this other bro .that was thick with my dad wanted to leave so he and his family drove me to our hall. I got into my car, I had only one head lamp working, Well instead of them pulling out of the hall first he waited for me to leave so they could follow me. I was mad but didn't give it a second thought when I got home.

A couple of days later this brother shows up at my door and says he wants to talk to me alone about something that was very important. I said no you can't talk to me alone, if you have something you want to say then say it in front of my family. We have no secrets in our home. Well he was taken aback. I wouldn't even invite him in from the front enterance of my home. He then said I am here to speak to you about your conduct at the wedding the other day. He said you drove very eratically on the road as you were drunk. I said to him I only had one head light so I stayed close to the shoulder of the road so as not to cause an oncoming accident.

He then said it was there opinion that I was completely drunk. I took one look at him and said you have some nerve coming to my door and accusing me and yet your own son in law was so drunk in the back seat and you come to me to point a false finger at me. I said to him, see that door open it and get out of here and don't ever darken my doorstep ever again. He was aghast. He put his head down openned the door and left. It didn't end there my father had the PO come to speak to me. My dad must have thought I was a child and not a 30 year or more adult. I told that PO that I will never concede to being drunk at your daughters wedding, I spoke to you a few minutes before I left the wedding as well as the other elder and his wife. I was by now means drunk at all. He did agree.

It didn't matter what I said everything was my fault and my accusers got what they wanted especially my mom and dad, I got privately reproved and then not being happy with that my dad said he wanted public reproving. Some nerve. No wonder I despise this oranization. At the next meeting it was announced that I was publicly being reproved. Although about 20 were at the private reproving session.

Yes sir ye minimus I have been stung bye the stinger of the WBTS and its hoard.

Orangefatcat.

• atypical
    atypical

I was falsely accused of being a jw the other day.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Were You Ever Falsely Accused By The Elders Regarding Anything???

No.

If anything, they didn't fully investigate the charges that were made against me.

If they had been thorough in their research I would have been DF'd for apostasy instead of being announced to the congregation that I had disassociated myself and 800 area JW's wouldn't have wondered why I left Jehovah.

Oh well, if I had been thorough enough in my research I would have run from the JW's the first time they came back to discuss how terrible the world is instead of spending almost 16 years pushing books for free.

• done4good
    done4good

Oh yes! When I was a kid, (18-19), we were in a congregation, where it was considered OK to play tackle football, (many regard this as taboo, btw). We would get together almost every Sunday afternoon, in the fall and winter and play into the evening. Elders, servants, thier sons, you name it. This went on just fine for about two years. After a while, brothers from two neighboring congs that we associated with joined in, everything still OK though.

I showed up early for a game one Sunday, now keep in mind, I wasn't Mr. popularity in the circuit, so pretty much, I just assumed that this would be like any other Sunday. About 30 mins later, about 30-40 brothers show up from about every congregation in North Jersey. As you can imagine, this got out of control in short order. Violent hits, fights, the worst language I heard almost anywhere, etc. I left, along with a few others after only about another 15-30 mins. of this. After that game, I decided things were getting a bit too crazy, and didn't play anymore. Also keep in mind, I wasn't Mr. athletic either, so this type of competition wasn't my bag, as anyone who knew me, knew as much.

About a month passes. Myself, along with 1 or two other brothers gets asked by the elders for a back room session. What??? Why??? I really had no idea what this could be for, but the look on the elders' faces showed they meant business. We sit down, they start by going over scriptures how Jehovah hates violence, blah, blah, blah. OK, so WHAT is this about??? "There was a football game", and "your name came up on the list", What LIST??? To make a long story short, some brother who was at the game, (one of the 40 that I didn't even know), broke his collar bone. Well, the kicker is, this brother evidently was told by his father, (an elder in another cong.), explicity, NOT to go to this game. Daddy was noone to happy when his son showed up in th ER. Daddy is pissed. Instead of merely disciplining his SON for disobeying, he decides to write the society! He askes for names and congregations of the brothers at the game, (a VERY incomplete list, mind you!). The society in turn, sends letters to the three congs, (Verona, Gilette, and E.Passaic, NJ), where the "core" brothers that played attended. Somehow MY name was on that list, along with, I believe two others, THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TROUBLE MAKING. The real instigators, (elders' sons, go figure), got away scott free any we became the scapegoats! Just telling this story almost 15 years later pisses me off. This became THE reason for not getting appointed an MS, at the time, btw.

j

j

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I was accused of having dinner with my sister who had left the org but never df's or da'd and associating with df'd ones and contaminating the congregation, they were already trying to df me as three weeks later my ex left me and they hung me out as an apostate until I moved on with my life and remarried and they got me for adultery as I was still scripturally married even though my ex filed for a divorce eight months earlier with no grounds.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit