rheumatoid artheritis

by zev 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

The immnosuppressant effect was behind my former work colleague being given the very low doses of chemo medication too - not enough to wipe out the whole immune system (although because she was on a trial, they unfortunately did do that with her first treatment and she got really ill), just to bring it under control.

• zev
    zev
    Are you on any NSAIDs? What kind of exercise if any? I have a related arthritis and water aerobics is all I'm allowed to do.

yes. but they upset my stomach. i also take gabapentin to help block the pain. i'm doing everything i can to avoid narcardics until i have no choice.

no exersize. they always ask and i say NO. how can you exersize in this much pain? or if not today, the next day, i'd be exausted and in HUGE pain.

so until they say i have to, i aint.

• zev
    zev

When I found out it is an autoimmune disorder, I asked my doctor about the immunosuppressants given to people who have had transplants.

He just poo pood the whole idea. But if the body is attacking the cartilage as foreign, why are the Doctors not using immuno suppressors?

I am sick of waking up stiff in all the wrong places.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as it advances, it starts attacking the connective tissue to the muscles.

so it wont just be the joints, you'll hurt in places where muscle connect to bone....in some cases. maybe, hopefully your wont, but you never know.

• lola28
    lola28

((Zev)) I don't know what to tell you my sister (age 14) has artheritis, due to the Lupus. She was in so much pain that she could not function once she go on her meds tho things got much, much better! She has a good doctor too tho so that's a great benefit!

Lola

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I've heard a balanced vegetarian diet can help reduce the pain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit