rheumatoid artheritis

by zev 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zev
    zev

Does anyone on this board suffer from/with rheumatoid artheritis?

I've been preliminarly diagnosed with it and am now waiting for my appointment with a rheumatoligist in February.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Zev,

My wife does.

P.M. me if you have any questions.

Warlock

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Ahh. Hold on...

DR. kerWACKian PHD MD OPMD OPP

This Arthritis Prevention and/or Curing Protocol is for people who are ready to take the full responsibility for their own health.

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."
    Chinese Proverb.

http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=306

http://www.curezone.com/dis/1.asp?C0=44

• zev
    zev

What-A-Coincidence said:

Ahh. Hold on...

DR. kerWACKian PHD MD OPMD OPP

Is that supposed to be funny?

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Because one day I rec'd a prescription to my fax machine from a Dr. which was ment for the local pharmacy. So I refaxed it. The pharmacy called me Dr. Wac, since then my life has changed.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Zev...So sorry to hear that news... I have had it for years it is VERY painful. I have it all over the body .... In the first five years I had Gold Shots- that helped for awhile,But you can only have so much of that. I think I have tried pretty much every thing I am now on Methatrexite,,, Also Avandia,When the pain gets excruciating I have had Cortizone shots.... But that is very expensive & the saying it makes hair grow on the face( you wont mind that but for an old lady it "aint" healthy looking...LOL
    Let me know what they pescribe. I do have casts for my wrists. & a Walker when needed... I found that hot showers helps the pain a bit.... Taake care...I am so sorry.....

Grace

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• juni
    juni

I'm sorry to hear that Zev. If you want, please feel free to PM me.

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my foot in which I tore tendons during high school. It bothers me a lot when I'm on my feet too long, change in barometric pressure, or when bumped.

My knees are bad also, but no arthritis yet. They just get stiff and painful. But nothing on the x-rays. I think it's more a soft tissue problem.

Juni

• exwitless
    exwitless

Well, it's no wonder, given your age!

105 y 11 m 23 d

All joking aside, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Rheumatoid arthritis is actually an autoimmune disorder, so it has nothing to do with age. In fact, it often strikes young children, and they must battle it for the rest of their lives. There is no cure, but there are lots of newer medicines that can help slow the progression of it and ease the pain. Do educate yourself about the disease (through reliable sources) and find a good rheumatologist. Good luck and good health to you!

• zev
    zev

i have researched what i can find on the net, from reliable sites i might add.

my doctor has started me on an antidepressant which has the wonderfull benifit of also being a pain reducer, at half the normal dosage it would be used for its real purpose.

so far it does seem to help. but it does not help the fatigue and general lousey feeling i have most of the time.

yesterday for instance i felt great and only my knees hurt toward the end of the day.

today, it was a whole nother story. i did to much and am paying the price.

i'm finding out i am limited in what i can do. (and i am not 105 years. ) but i now have to make some serious adjustments in how i live and what i can do.

at least until it goes into remission, if it ever does.

i have no idea if the rheumy i am seeing is any good. my pcp has already warned me i may never get a definitive diagnosis.

having the ra test come back like it did and the way i have felt for the last 6 months, and the other symtoms that go with this tell me all i need to know.

hopefully i get a good doctor, and i get on some sort of management so i can get some relief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit