BEST BUY employees not allow to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS"

by lighthouse19something 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Best Buy employee threatened with being fired if they say 'Merry Christmas" to customers.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

sorry about the double post( I got a 'didn't go through' notice from my isp)

• moshe
    moshe

Go to a Chinese restaurant on Xmas eve and you will see a lot of people eating at one of the few places that doesn't celebrate Xmas. It's a Jewsih tradition to go have Chinese then. I don't like the Merry Xmas thing and tell clerks to "have a happy Hanukkah", right back - they usually seem annoyed at me for presuming that they celebrate a Jewish festival.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow and I'd like to hear the employees say Merry Christmas. Maybe I'll have to speak to the manager.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So, is that a good thing?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Happy Holidays extends a warm winter festive greeting to All, in a world that can be easily divided by religion. That is something I truly don't believe what ever God exists wants. Plus...

Why would you Want to say Merry Christmas to a person who does not celebrate Christmas? I have a couple of Jewish friends. I can't imagine Wanting to say Merry Christmas to them, as it would not carry the meaning that it would with others. On the other hand wishing them Happy Holidays or something similar, would carry greater weight of meaning: I hope that whatever tradition you partake in to honor your culture or God/dess is a good and happy one. To me, that just makes more sense anyway.
  • Tigerman
    Tigerman

Once again, like every year, this subject comes up on this board.

If I discovered that this was, in fact, true then I probably wouldn't shop there.

If retailers don't recognize Christmas for what it truly represents then they have no business being in the business. Forget about them !

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    If retailers don't recognize Christmas for what it truly represents then they have no business being in the business. Forget about them !

For clarification, what exactly does it represent?

• 5go
    5go
    I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow and I'd like to hear the employees say Merry Christmas. Maybe I'll have to speak to the manager

Me too I want to hear as well as happy haunaka (sic) happy kwanza and praise the almighty Ala it's romadon (SIC). Freedom is a two edged sword Oh and don't forget the penquins ! (Bud Ice) I mean pagans !

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

I heard about the Best Buy from Bill O'Reily, but on the web, Best Buy denied it. It really would not make good business sense, Best Buy is a major sponsor of 'Toys For Teens', a spinoff of "toys For Tots'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit