Deception in the Elder/MS Appointment Arrangement

by deaconbluez 23 Replies latest jw friends

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Juni, very good point,

There are those members who do not know the flip side of some of the elders. So they think they are appointed by h. spirit.

If the members of the congr only knew, they would get up and walk out of many parts being conducted by these two faced elders and MS's.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Let me see........... I am an apostate at heart, and yet I'm a MS, and have been asked to look good for the C.O. 2 times, to be nominated for Elder!!

I guess holy spirit cannot detect apostates!!!

• becca1
    becca1

Onthewayout: The example you give of elders being able to cover over their past sins reminds me of something. There was a young (late 20's) MS and his pioneer wife in our cong. who lost thier priviledges and were publicly reproved a few monthe ago. A reliable source told me that what happend was that after 7 or 8 years of marrige their conscience bothered them about some improper conduct they engaged in while dating. They spoke to the elders who then served the above sentence. They were crushed. They thought they might lose priviledges and have private reproof, but never in a million years did they expect it to be public. Absolutely no one knew of their behavior. How do you like them apples?

• V
    V
    That would be like me saying that I was going to stand by and watch as my son got molested because it would be my way of "testing" him to see if he would defend himself.

Actually there are many JWs who "stand by and watch" as their children get molested too. Interesting how cults work, isn't it?

*** w

95 11/1 p.29 Comfort for Those With a "StrickenSpirit" ***

What if the one accused—though denying the wrongdoing—is really guilty? Does he "get away with it," as it were? Certainly not! The question of his guilt or innocence can be safely left in Jehovah’s hands. "The sins of some men are publicly manifest, leading directly to judgment, but as for other men their sins also become manifest later." (1 Timothy 5:24; Romans 12:19; 14:12) The book of Proverbs says: "The expectation of the righteous ones is a rejoicing, but the very hope of the wicked ones will perish." "When a wicked man dies, his hope perishes." (Proverbs 10:28; 11:7) Ultimately, Jehovah God and Christ Jesus render everlasting judgment in justice.—1 Corinthians 4:5.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

becca1 , that is so unfair, Jesus said whatever you measure out will be measured to you. Unbelievable conduct by what? Loving shepherds, yeah right, what about HS appointing them as MS and pioneer? It shows the HS didn't appoint then, wasn't there for the JCase either, sad example of following the Master and only true shepherd of Christians

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

becca1,

Your couple is a standard case. They must lose privileges and be reproved. The public reproof is wrong if your scenario is correct. They probably wanted to make an example of one of them for some reason- perhaps to the young ones in the KH- faulty reason. Many congregations would sweep it under the rug after 2 elders spoke with them about it and asked for all the steamy details (if she was pretty), but that might depend on whether He had much potential and if either was connected. Giving reproof in such a case was not my problem, although it should have been.

My thing was that, if it were an elder, they might decide that he showed repentence even though it's been years and keep him as an elder. It would be insisted upon that this never be mentioned again, except the CO would be told, maybe. No reproof such as commenting privileges removed and stepping aside as an elder. If the wife is a pioneer, they keep her there so it doesn't look like he got by and not her. This would all be okay with the borg.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

What about following Jah in Ps 130:3,4

3 If errors were what you watch, O Jah,
    O Jehovah, who could stand?

4 For there is the [true] forgiveness with you,
    In order that you may be feared.

I don't care what the sin unless it has been murder or the like, what about not keeping track of the sin, obviously they felt bad even to come forth. No where do I see HS directing these pompous men in following Jah or Christ in forgiving others. Anyway who do they think they are to not show forgiveness of sympathy? They don't need the elders forgiveness, it doesnt mean anything anyway, heck you might as well go find a priest if you believe in that.

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez
    I was one to believe that the h. spirit directed the appointments because these brothers were to meet the scriptural requirements.

Juni,

To say that "holy spirit directs every appointment because the qualifications from the scriptures are examined with the person that is being considered for appointment"...that is like saying that I send somebody to a car lot and I give them a list of features to look for in a car for me. Then they are to buy the car that meets my requirements and bring it home to me. Could one say that I hand-picked the car? Not at all. In my mind, I might have been thinking Lexus. But they could return to me with a BMW instead. See what I mean?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

becca1,

"Absolutely no one knew of their behavior. How do you like them apples? " How then did you find out? Are they disenchanted and doing the fade, DA or are they DF'd? I'm curious as to when they started talking about their "secret" sin that is no longer so secret.

W.Once

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

So are you telling me when I was made an MS the HS didn't direct the elders and boys at Bethel??

I knew this all along as some of the stuff I was getting up to wouldn't allow me to be an MS but I became one to keep the folks happy and went through the motions very well.

I love the HS it is so short sighted at times

Regards and seasons greetings to you all

BM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit