Has anyone stuck with it despite all of this?

by Cass 14 Replies latest social family

• Cass
    Cass

Hi all, I know this must have already been discussed, but i'm just wondering if there is anyone here who has just kept going to meetings and the rest of it, just so that they don't lose their family? Thanks in anticipation of a response Cass

• noni1974
    noni1974

Sure lots of people do.I did for a long time before I DA myself.I just went thru the motions for my familys sake.In fact thats the whole reason I got baptized.My family expected me too so I did.How ever it came to a point where I couldn't repress my feelings and just said screw this and left.I at the time didn't know exactly what it was about the JW's that wasn't right.I just felt something was wrong.I felt controlled and pressured to do what other people thought was right.Then I lived 7 years with guilt for dissapointing my family.About a year and a half ago I found the boards.I now know what is wrong.I found it wasn't me it was them.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Yes Cass, there are. There are even some here who have been disfellowshipped and attended meetings for a whole year afterwards to get resinstated, knowing the whole time that it's a load of crap.

Most of them find in time that the 'love' from your family sticks in your throat when it is only based on you doing what they want. You have no freedom, and they would cut you off if you strayed from the expected path. This love is NOT unconditional.

Stick with it by all means, but try and establish a net of real friends outside the org, you may need them, and they WILL be there for you.

Poppy

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I think you are going to see people stick to all of despite of what they seen, heard and know. Jer 17:9

Jeremiah 17:9 (Amplified Bible)

Amplified Bible (AMP)

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly perverse and corrupt and severely, mortally sick! Who can know it [perceive, understand, be acquainted with his own heart and mind]?

When it comes right down to it as humans we will do what we want to do for whatever reasons. We may not be honest with ourselves or others around us, but being selfish by nature, we will do what we want for the most part. Why a person sticks to it knowing everything is only something they can answer and maybe after a period of time. Whether they are a fence sitter, fear of man, doubts about who is right, afraid to lose family, who knows. But most important be truthful to God, we cannot fool him as easy as we do ourselves.

• juni
    juni

Welcome Cass to the forum.

There are many here who have/are experiencing this situation. Keep checking back with what you posted for more insight on your topic.

Happy to have you here.

Juni

• unique1
    unique1

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! I"faded" for years, just going to 1-2 meetings a week and going out in service once a month just to keep my parents happy. It finally came to a head after 4 years and I Disassociated myself. Many are still just like you, going full blast and yet secretly wishing their family would change and see the light to, but they don't so they keep their feelings to themselves.

• proplog2
    proplog2

I am going to ride the ship into the rocks. There is room in my cosmology for a book like the Bible and a group that survive a great future catastrophe.

And if nothing happens I want to be around to comfort my fellow self-delusioned souls.

• unhappy
    unhappy

Welcome Cass!Yes I did keep going to the meetings even when I had left home so that I didn't loose my family. Am fading now though. It was mentioned on another thread but I just didn't know i 'could stop going' and doing that didn't make me an evil persin. It has been so freeing, although am still a little worried about family finding out what i'm up to. But so far so good. We'll see what happens.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

I kept up the premise purely because my sister was getting married about 2 years after I stopped going to meetings in 92, her wedding came and went, but you cant keep kidding and fooling yourself and just keep feeding yourself on their B/S because I believe your sanity is at stake, I just decided to jump and go for it........

You will come out better for it .. Trust me

• Cass
    Cass

Hi, thanks everyone for their posts, sorry i didn't get back sooner, thanks again. Cass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit