by jimbo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Happy Solstice!!!!

I.Wonder

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Woohoooo!! Tonight we celebrate!!

For anyone interested, here's a little info on the Yule Solstice!!

http://www.witchway.net/days/days.html

• frozen one
    frozen one

My favorite day of the year. Have a few drinks...participate in some ritual sin...plead with the sun to come back. And a bonfire. There has to be a bonfire. If everything is done properly, tomorrow will be a little longer. If I mess this up the sun will go away...forever. If that happens at least global warming will no longer be a concern.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I love winter solstice! 44 years ago today, I got married to celebrate the long dark night! Must have worked! Still married to same lady forty four years later!

carmel

• Carmel
    Carmel

Aquagirl,,, beat you to it!!

carmel

• jimbo
    jimbo

Hello Carmel and happy anniversary!!!

Has anyone figured out where the quote at the beginning of this thread came from???

A clue!! It was several years before Carmels wedding.

jimbo

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

CrazyBlonde: I tried the link, the link don't work. Would love to read what you have though.

I have a bunch of stuff here and there, but I am presently looking for more!

Oh and

Happy Winters Solstice Everyone!!!

alt

• free2beme
    free2beme

The precise moment of the 2006 solstice will be December 21, 2006 at 7:22 P.M. EST

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

i guess its a popular wedding day..it was cool.i held the cat during the ceremony and she gave me a complimentary tracheotomy for my effort..its a done deal today.....

• jimbo
    jimbo

aquagirl!!! Congratulations!!!!

In 1963 I attended a convention and approved a resolution that had this sentence at the beginning of paragraph eight, "That we will continue to look to Him as the great Sun from whom comes our enlightenment,guidance and healing."

Looking to Him as the great Sun may be appropriate on this day. Does that sound kind of un-JW?? Well good!!!

jimbo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit