SOLSTICE TODAY?

by jimbo 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jimbo
    jimbo

"That we will continue to look to Him as the great Sun from whom comes our enlightenment, guidance, and healing."

An appropriate quote for a Solstice celebration!!!

Can you identify this quote from Watchtower BS??

jimbo (maybe I could be a Sun worshiper)

• Mystla
    Mystla

We are celebrating solstice

My husband is from Alaska, where solstice has a little more notice than it does in most places... "yay, it's not getting darker!".. or "yay, the sun will come up some day soon".. depending on how far north you are

Since christmas doesn't really have a lot of significance to either of us, we decided to celebrate on solstice instead. I'm cooking a nice dinner and we will drink some mead and toast to the receding darkness.

Happy Solstice, everyone!!!

Misty

• blondie
    blondie

I hate short days. I get up to go to work in the dark and I get home in the dark. I have some chores that require daylight and I have to wait until Saturday and Sunday to get them done. I don't know how I ever did it when Sat am service, and Sun mtgs took up the time.

I'm not much of a mead drinker...but a will salute with a micro-brewed ale.

Blondie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Happy Solstice to everyone.

Yey, the days are getting longer...

Gary

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

im celebrating the days getting longer by getting married at 4pm today...always have to out do the jones's...harharhar

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Solstice is today.

Enjoy!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Winter solstice occurs on 22 December in time zones like Israel (at 2:22am) or Tokyo (at 9:22 am)...it occurs at 4:22pm on 21 December where I am (in California).

• jimbo
    jimbo

aquagirl!!!!

Congratulations on your marriage today. May your days get brighter and brighter!!!

Blondie!!!!! Do you recognize the quote in my previous post??? It seems to reveal somthing about JW's roots being tied to sun worship possibly from Egypt, or Mesopotamia in general. This quote is tied to an event that greatly influenced my life!

jimbo Happy Solstice everyone!!!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Guess I'll go dance naked around a tree or something.

• jimbo
    jimbo

serendipity!!!

Please take photos and share!!! This is a time of sharing!!!

jimbo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit