Battered Lambs Webpage (new)

by silentlambs 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

After reviewing the society's vapid interest in helping battered women and seeing the many sad stories posted as a result of the article, I have a new addition to the silentlambs website.

A new webpage for battered lambs.

This will be accessed off the victims page with a clickable link. There you will be able to read the stories of those who have suffered physical abuse at the hands of WT policy. All stories will be posted anonymously of course and there will also be a second poems and thoughts page dedicated to victims of physical abuse. We will add more links to the "assistance page" to address this issue. If you know of any that would be helpful, please send them to: [email protected]

I will consider also a "pinpoint a batterer" form to be added. You may send in your stories now if you wish, the page will be up and running by this Sunday night.

This should add to the voices of dispair who have been silenced for so long.

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

BRAVO Bill!!!

And please, do not forget to add a section for emotionally battered lambs as well.

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that that kind of abuse also leaves scars that rarely ever heal.

I'd be willing to work on a piece on what it did to my life. Might take me a few days though. Let me know if that interests you.

love
    essie

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

What a wonderful idea.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((((bill)))))))))

Thank you for giving so many a voice!

Love,
    Andi

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

Bill! Please read my post in Moe's thread, located here:

: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=12533&page=4&site=3

If you look at the thread on the page before that too you'll see other stories too, worse than mine. This kind of info (like in Tatiana's post, etc) HAS to go up on your battered lambs page...

thanks again for doing this. It's going to help so many.

love and admiration
    essie

"Though you may disappear,
    you're not forgotten here,
    and I will say to you,
    I will do what I can do."
    ~Peter Gabriel

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Does this count?

My wife's exhusband has a twin brother. Within three weeks of marrying he moved in with them. She was expected to treat him just as she did her husband in all arenas but the bedroom. Cooking, cleaning, laundry, getting him drinks and snacks, letting him watch what HE wanted on the TV, etc. He could never hold a job for more than a year and contributed little financially when he worked, and leeched off them when he didn't.

He insulted her and talked down to her all the time. Disciplined (read HIT) the kids, etc. This went on for 13 years of their 15 year marriage. She was even known in the KH as the girl with two husbands. The Elders never interceeded and always told my wife she needed to be obedient to her husband in this matter. Several arguements about the twin brother even resulted in her exhusband striking her.

Finally having enough she told her ex it was her or his twin, but one had to go. She left after the Twin didn't. She was called before a judicial committee. The exhusband was exonerated of any wrong doing. She was not DF'd but soon there after DA'd.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

UGH UGH UGH!!!! I'd say that definitely qualifies Yeru!!!

Your poor wife, I'm so glad she got out.

essie

"Though you may disappear,
    you're not forgotten here,
    and I will say to you,
    I will do what I can do."
    ~Peter Gabriel

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

p.s. does anyone know if there is a ribbon color that is for awareness of battered women? I know mint green for child abuse and pink for breast cancer, etc etc. I tried doing a search on the web to find out but didn't come up with anything.

thanks
    es

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I have written my story out extensively when my daughter and I were in therapy .......after I dumped the husband and the cult. I realized, after I'd revisited my post on the previous thread, that I still get sooo emotional over this. It's like I go to a darker place in my psyche. It's hard. When I can articulate rationally on this subject, I believe I will post on the website.
    I don't want to foam at the mouth.
    Love and Hugs,
    Bridgette

• Aintthatcute
    Aintthatcute

That is a great idea Bill

ATC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit