CHRISTMAS: December 25th DOES have a Biblical foundation! CHECK IT OUT!

by Lady Liberty 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>But when it comes to Watchtower, sorta close is the same as being right.

Oh, nice! I love it! Being dead wrong is the same as being right, too.

Dave

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

No disrespect but the date has no foundation whatsoever in the bible; it is clear the date was chosen due to the Winter Solstice celebrations and early Christians have simply tried to Christianise what was a thoroughly pagan celebration.

DB74

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

No disrespect but the date has no foundation whatsoever in the bible; it is clear the date was chosen due to the Winter Solstice celebrations and early Christians have simply tried to Christianise what was a thoroughly pagan celebration.

DB74

Dear Diamondblue,

That had always been my thinking too. Yet after I did a thorough examination I do not feel that way anymore. Regardless of what the Pagans were doing, or even had been doing prior to Christ Jesus birth, doesn't negate the fact a miricle had happened when Jesus was placed in Marys womb by Holy Spirit.

The fact that this was God's child alone, made the event worth celebrating. Not only did Jesus agree to become a lowly human and come to earth, but he allowed himself to be placed as the most fragile stages of human life, that of a embrio. What trust, humility and love!!

If I lived at that time, I would definatley celebrate that event! I think most who later realised their Savior did that for them would. It was the conception that was considered the begining of ones life to a Jew. Therefore celebrating Jesus birthday, would rightly be done at the end of December sometime when scholors feel he was concieved. Based on the fact that he was born at the end of September.

Just because the Pagans were celebrating their Sun god at that time is a coincidence in my opinion. I am sure that if you look hard enough you may find a celebration of some sort, perhaps even Pagin in orgin,that is celebrated the same day of Jesus's death. But does that make a difference to the fact that his death should be celebrated? Would that alone make the celebration of his death Pagin in orgin??

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• vitty
    vitty

What really gets me is how even the angels celebrated Jesus birth...............but thereon after its wicked to do so ????????

Same goes for JWs..............they have gifts and cards given when their children are born............but never allowed to celebrate it after !!!!!!!!!!

What a stupid fool I was in giving it up for 20 years.

• unique1
    unique1

Several Asian cultures consider your age as begining at the age of conception, so when you are born, you are considered to be 9 months old.

• Smoky
    Smoky

Same goes for JWs..............they have gifts and cards given when their children are born............but never allowed to celebrate it after !!!!!!!!!!

Wow i never thought of it that way....we are celebrating the Birthday!!!!

I am really opening up to the idea that celebrating my Birthday and Christmas, is not a bad thing......thanks

You guys are awsome!!!

smoky

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Lady L

I like people who are prepared to research and I too have done some.

Having researched and continuing to research the pagan roots of christianity I came across the following summary I have distilled for you, this highlights the similarities between the Jesus account and a much much earlier pagan deity. This isnt the only deity that has such stark similarities to the much later Jesus account either. Let me know what you think.

Jesus

Osiris-Dionysus

Son of God, Saviour, Fleshly representation of God

Son of God, Saviour, Fleshly representation of God

His father is god, however his mother is a mortal virgin .

His father is god, however his mother is a mortal virgin.

Born in humble surroundings on December 25 th

Born in humble surroundings on December 25th

He offers his followers to be born again through rites of baptism.

He offers his followers to be born again through rites of baptism

He miraculously turns water into wine

He miraculously turns water into wine

He rides triumphantly into town on a donkey while people wave palm leaves to honour him

He rides triumphantly into town on a donkey while people wave palm leaves to honour him

He dies at Easter time as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.

He dies at Easter time as a sacrifice for the sins of the world.

After his death he descends to hell but on the third day he rises from the dead and ascends to heavenly glory.

After his death he descends to hell but on the third day he rises from the dead and ascends to heavenly glory.

His followers await his return as the judge during the last days.

His followers await his return as the judge during the last days.

His death and resurrection are celebrated by a ritual meal of bread and wine that symbolises body and blood.

His death and resurrection are celebrated by a ritual meal of bread and wine that symbolises body and blood.

DB74

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Wow i never thought of it that way....we are celebrating the Birthday!!!!

I am really opening up to the idea that celebrating my Birthday and Christmas, is not a bad thing......thanks

You guys are awsome!!!

smoky

Dear Smokey,

Truely attending or throwing a baby shower is celebrating the "birth" of the baby. Friends, gifts, and cake accompany the event most times. All celebrating the birth of that precious new little one! Now.. how come 1 year later doing the exact same thing..like a anniversary of the birth, is not allowed? Why is it ok to celebrate the "0" year, yet one year later, celebrating the 1st year is a sin?? It just does not add up! Then take that thought one step further..if we are ok with celebrating the birth via a baby shower of a imperfect baby, what about the most important birth that ever took place..that of Christ Jesus?? As brought out in above posts, the Jews counted the first year from conception. Putting Jesus conception date or Jewish birthdate around the end of December. Therefore isn't Christmas just the celebration of Jesus birthday?

Would it not be fitting for us to celebrate the most important birth of all??

Just some food for thought.

Sincerely, your friend,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear DiamondBlue,

You definately have done your research. Thank you for the information. It is really interesting. It certainly seems like the Pagans under Satens influence were copying the events that took place in Jesus life. Certainly the events that took place in Jesus life were not copying the Pagans.

Again thank you for the info. I am going to copy it for my file.

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I am skeptical of the widely-printed claim that Osiris/Dionysius was "born" on December 25th (and some of the other long list of parallels). Do you have a source from the Hellenistic/Roman periods or late antiquity for this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit