Christmas Dinner...some Ideas please!

by restrangled 29 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

My mother in law will make chicken pie as a change up.

Cut up cooked chunks of white breast meat (6 - 8 breasts) and place in a rectangle baking dish. Mix in a can of Cream of Chicken or Cream of Celery soup. Add a couple dashes of black pepper. Top with Bisquick batter (followin instructions on back of box) and bake. Super simple and super good.

Lasagna sounds great as well.

Another easy thing to do, as I believe has been suggested before is to buy a pork or beef roast, place it in the crock pot with some beef broth about a cup to a cup and a half, couple dashes of Worchestershire (sp?) and seasonings. Put potatoes around the side with some carrots on top and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Super juicy and super moist, plus with the carrots and potatoes on the side you already have some veges made as well.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

If you go with taco's, don't forget to try chopped up celery to put in them! Very good. Also, refried beans first in the taco shell, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, onions, grated cheeze, salsa, and a good grade of ground beef. Ummm!

Outaservice (PS, the secret ingredient is the celery)

• juni
    juni

My post didn't go through. Sorry.

Juni

As I was saying........ prime rib w/different herbs grilled out, potatoes, vegetables and rolls. Very simple. Apple and pumpkin pies and Christmas cookies. Other years we've had lasagna.

I won't go into the rest of my wordy post!! Have a wonderful holiday together. Don't place so much emphasis on the meal. Being together is the important thing.

Juni

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My Christmas dinner will be a little different this year. I'm making Borscht, perogies, cabbage rolls, a pair of ducks with stuffing, Gypsy schnitzel, garlic mashed potatos, baby carrots, and spinach salad.

W

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

lady lee:

when I click on that link an error message pops up instead of delicious food recipes.

Mmmrecipemmm :-)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

This link should take you directly to the cookbook page: Food in Due Season - The JWD Holiday Cookbook

They both worked for me so let me know if there is still a problem

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I LOVE boiled dinners - how about that?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Someone earlier mentioned Bison - I have only seen that when I lived out west. And yes I tried it. If I had the chance I would try it again - almost 0 fat.

I've tried duck but it was way too fatty for my tastes

I have had rabbit and that was great

Cornish hens are a very interesting change. Each person gets their own hen

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

yay it worked thank you Lady Lee

Oh and Prime Rib, though expensive is a pretty good Christmas dinner item.

But tacos and anything could work. The idea is the company you're with. Besides, year after year of eating the same thing can get very boring.

What about potluck?

• nelly136
    nelly136

having roast pork with crackling this year,

apple sauce is the usual for pork over here but plum sauce could make a nice change , or maybe a cheese/bread or white sauce.

if you all like gravy and one doesnt you could do a gravy and a sauce so theres a choice for all tastes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit