Christmas Dinner...some Ideas please!

by restrangled 29 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

If you are hosting, or even for your own family, what are you serving for christmas dinner?

I dont't want to do turkey again and I have done enough ham to make everyone board to tears! Anyone have an unusual dish they serve?

Thanks in advance!!

r.

• exwitless
    exwitless

How about home made chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes? Or a really tender beef roast with potatoes and carrots? Or a yummy chicken casserole?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Dear Exw....

I serve what you suggest alot! I'm thinking maybe Lasagna with garlic bread, but seems too off for the day.

r.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Lasagna sounds great! So what if it isn't a traditional Christmas dinner? A co-worker of mine doesn't like turkey that much, so she has made it a tradition to serve stuffed shells every year. Her whole family looks forward to it.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Well since I am alone now my Daughters Mother in law invited me to share Christmas Eve with her and their family.
    I had thanksgiving over there and had a wonderful time.

They have a tradition of their own. They draw names (Kids) and each child gets one present (inexpensive) they open that and then they have ...get this...

CHILI and hot dogs!

I couldn't believe it. But that is what they have and have done it for years.

My other daughter will be alone ..her son (my grandson) will be with his Dad at Christmas..so I am going to go to her house I think. We will probably have some turkey from Honey Baked ham company. It is delicious. And I have to have mashed potatoes.

Then I will have my White russian and she will have her 7 up and vodka..ugh!

Then I might have another White Russian..

Snoozy..who will probably be spending the night at her daughter's.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Mexican or Chinese? I like it!

Outaservice

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

My grandmother was Italian, and we always had lasagne for Christmas dinner (which my JW mother allowed us to go to.) Of course, there was also turkey with all the trimmings, salad, meatballs and other meats, nuts and dried fruit all over the house, fresh fruit afterwords, ice cream and all kinds of Italian pasteries for dessert.....

Good grief... ok back to reality.... ... Lasagne sounds great!! Or how about Cornish game hens? They are easy and cute and you can serve stuffing or make gravy... And you don't get them every day either!

GGG

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear restrangled..

Since I have 3 turkeys in the freezer, I plan one making one for Christmas. But how about lamb?? Or a crown roast of pork? Food network.com may help you with some ideas. There is a place to read reviews from the public who have tried the recipe. I always read themto see what the majority think.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/programdaily/0,1904,FOOD_9927__EST,00.html

Merry Christmas from my kitchen to yours!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• codeblue
    codeblue

How about a ham???

The spiral honey hams with broccoli/cheese/rice casserole and salad and another veggie could work out quite nice!

Use the ham for sandwiches later and ham/potatoe/cheese casserole for another family dish later!

Codeblue

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

I'm making filet mignon on the grill (outside on the deck), sauteed mushrooms and new potatoes, cherry parfaits for dessert.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit