Guess what happened with the new CO?

by MinisterAmos 28 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I'm not particularly fond of the way that the Bros fawn over the ranking members when they visit. After all, there is no rank in the JWs right? That's what they say anyway.

So I rebel and don't go at all when the CO or DO come to visit. I find it beyond presumptuous that 50 or 100 people are supposed to change their schedules to accomodate the same tired 40 minute talk that we've heard time and time again. I am not shy in sharing this belief when the Bros ask me either.

I was kind of expecting some retribution this visit what with a new CO that I had not met so I was just waiting for the knock on the door; and they DID come to the door about 3PM!

The cool thing is that it was the new CO and some new guy from Bethel that I had heard about who was being groomed for a CO spot himself. I had never met him but had heard that he would be gone in a week to XXX never to return.

I answered and when the Bro asked for me (remember that neither one had ever met me) I told him "nope, wrong house". Fearing looking stupid in front of his boss he asked if any of the neighbors were me. "Nope never heard of him and I've lived here for 12 years" I told the worried guy. The CO finally spoke up and said something like "oh we were just looking for a friend" so I replied "well gee buddy, he must not be much of a friend then huh?"

Sat out in front for 10 minutes obviously changing the territory card and in the meantime I called the cops to report a "suspicious" car in the neighborhood (did I mention I am wealthy?)

The way I figure it, as long as I don't run into the CO I'll never get busted for this one. I seriously doubt he'll even recognize me anyway in my JW uniform.

Still can't believe I did it!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>"well gee buddy, he must not be much of a friend then huh?"

LMAO! Oh that was brilliant! I'm SO lovin' it!

Dave

• juni
    juni

That was good Amos! I would have a hard time keeping a straight face.

Juni

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Oh my GOODNESS!!!

That is histerical!!! They probably will come back later this week with a local elder!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

When I read your post, this is what my eyes saw...

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, (did I mention I am wealthy?) blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

"oh we were just looking for a friend"

Hah!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

You guys do understand that I go to all the meetings right?

Well OK I missed yesterday for obvious reasons but will pick right back up at the school this week.

So far noone has asked for my new address, and if they do I am going to have to convince them that the CO and his chauffer must have read the addy wrong. That IS possible because they certainly are not from around here.

That is histerical!!! They probably will come back later this week with a local elder!!

Happened last week and he's off to BugTussle or wherever. I was waiting to post this since I know there is no chance of running into him for another six months

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The CO finally spoke up and said something like "oh we were just looking for a friend" so I replied "well gee buddy, he must not be much of a friend then huh?"

Sat out in front for 10 minutes obviously changing the territory card and in the meantime I called the cops to report a "suspicious" car in the neighborhood (did I mention I am wealthy?) ministerAmos

Theocratic Warfare at it's finest hour.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I can't believe you did that!! That's great!!!

GGG

• sspo
    sspo

Doesn't the CO usually make his visits with a local elder? Maybe no elder was out in supporting him.

• moshe
    moshe

Good move. Gotta love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit