how can we answer them?

by Cordelia 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

That's a great list Terry. When they've predicted (a prophet does exactly that) in error, and that list tells us they've done that a time or two --- or thousands, it brings to mind that great saying, "If It Looks Like A Duck And It Quacks Like A Duck, it must be a duck."

Fats becomes a Master member. Hooray!

• Terry
    Terry

Fats becomes a Master member. Hooray!

I've met you in person and can only say that the name "Fats" is about as ironic as they come! My left leg weighs more than you

Congrats on become a Master.

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Haven't read all of the replys, so sorry if I repeat someone else's thoughts.

First, the context of Proverbs 4:18 ... if you read the complete context, it is NOTHING about truth changing and getting more and more perfect.

Second, where does the new light come from? If it does indeed come from Jehovah, how is that different than being inspired? My Websters dictionary says inspiration is to communicate ideas from a supernatura source. If not from Jehovah, then from whom? If from Jehovah, it must be "inspired", yet they claim they are not inspired, otherwise, there would be no need of changes.

Third, why do we ask others to check what they believe, yet are so unwilling to really check deeply what JW's believe? It's ok to question, if "sincere" before one's baptism, but not ok after!

Just a few thoughts, hope they help.

Peep

• Quentin
    Quentin

Way to go Fatfreak!!...

good thread...

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

thanks you guys

its true i guess they do say they are providing the food at the proper time and yet change it a few years later so obviously they cant have been providing the right food

does any one have any quotes from the societys literture ahere they as good as say they are jehs mouthpiece or inspired as a few ive talked to swear they never said it?

coz that scrip ak jeff mentioned would prove they are false phrophets, sorry i doubt so much i just want proof!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thanks Terry for all the hard work with that info, I have cut and pasted it to my harddrive, I want to savor all the info. Excellent work.

abr

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Jedi at 1000 posts

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

whos a jedi at 1000 posts? and how are you little toe

thank you all i just find it so hard i always want PROOF

• new boy
    new boy

I thought "English".........................came from England!

But I have of crazy thoughts

• jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit