how can we answer them?

by Cordelia 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

i've tried and i've tried now i need help, how do you answer:

jws who think it's fantastic that jeh is providing this new light all the time, i say about the rev book amongst other things and they just think it's a sign they are in the right religon coz '''what other religon would admit it's faults?'' doesnt matter they been studing wrong light last time!!

and the un thing qhen you get to the nitty gritty, ie, how the hell could any gov body sign it when it supporting un charters etc they say 'lets look at the whole picture they are imperfect men and no other religon fits the identifying marks of the true religon!!

how do you answer that esp when a part of you is scared they have a point????? well not a piont but a 'what if it could be right tiny feeling!!!'

• Zico
    Zico

JWfacts website has a good article but the new light doctrine: http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/light.htm

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Well, if you want to get reinstated, you agree and exclaim "How happifying! Should we not be grateful to the FDS for this new light!"

It is all circular reasoning, and they don't apply the same rules to themselves as they do to other religions. When members of other religions do wrong things, it is proof that they are false. When JWs do wrong things, they are only imperfect humans, and it doesn't mean that they don't have the truth. When other religions revise their doctrines, it proves they were wrong, when JWs change their doctrines, it proves they are right.

Actually the Worldwide Church of God did have a massive change of direction, and they issued a public apology. Try to find an apology from the WTBTS for their changes of teaching. No, they blame the followers: "Some have reasoned that.......", which they did of course, because that is what the WT taught them.

• parakeet
    parakeet

"jws who think it's fantastic that jeh is providing this new light all the time..."

What else can they say and still remain JWs? If they express even the slightest doubt about the authenticity of the new light, they'll be branded as apostates and kicked out.

If they're sincere when they say that new light is the best thing since sliced bread, then you have to wonder what the truth really is. If you compare JW doctrine now with JW doctrine 80 years ago, virtually everything JWs believed then has been discarded. Does that mean the WT religion was founded on a pack of lies?

And, assuming the WTS still exists 80 years from now, it's a pretty safe bet that nearly every belief today that JWs are willing to die for will be discarded and replaced with more "new light." So, are any current JW beliefs today true? If JWs actually reasoned about these things instead of blindly accepting them, the only truthful answer they could make would be "I don't know."

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

What sets them apart from all the other religions that aren't 100% right (according to them)? Is the mark of true religion that it is 100% right or that it is wrong about different things at different times? If it is the second, then why can't any other religion be just as good-after all, wrong is wrong, right?

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

jws who think it's fantastic that jeh is providing this new light all the time

so who provides the old light that is wrong all the time ???

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    how do you answer that esp when a part of you is scared they have a point????? well not a piont but a 'what if it could be right tiny feeling!!!'

I've had that niggling feeling, Cordelia. It's part of the "super ego" monstrocity we're left with when we leave.

I had to ask myself: if this were reallly from God, would I be sitting here feeling uncertain and confused? If God wanted me to know something, wouldn't he be clear about it and I be sure of it - without doubt?

I had to remind myself why I left in the first place: because of issues which were not reflections of mere idiosyncracies or random imperfections, but because of problems which were inexcusable in the face of reason and the basic kindness and respect which distinguishes humanity from inhumanity.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Cordelia, your dilemna is not hard at all, it is sad that a whole org/religion has set itself up with this large safety net that wheneve they want to change their policies that it is new light, what it is "they were wrong and don't want to say that" it is a lack of humility. To come right out and say that we were wrong would jepordize all their beliefs because remember they can't be wrong, not one bit, they have the truth. So what they have done is pull one scripture Prov 4:18 out of the Bible and use this as the basis as changing policies.

First and foremost Jehovah God and His Son have never never never changed one time on their prophecies, Malichi says of Jah " I have not changed" Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Never once will you find the apostles changing their minds, never once did the prophets keep changing their minds. How unloving a God that would be to keep playing with His servants and those who love Him. Use your sense of reason, use your mind, use your heart.

Deut 18:20-22 says

20 “‘However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

Jehovahs Witnesses have proclaimed in writing that they are God's Modern Day Prophet, they have been wrong more times than one should have to count. But lets get back to Proverbs 4:18 18 But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.

Read the text, read the chapters before and after this chapter and especially the verse that the witnesses use as the GOD GIVEN RIGHT to keep changing. The CONTEXT has nothing to do with Jah changing his mind with an org with regard to prophecies, living standards or anything else. The context is Solomon and in a much bigger sense with Jehovah pleading with His human family, of a father pleading with his son to make the right descisions in life by choosing one of two paths, one is dark and gloomy for the wicked and the other is a bright light for the righteous that will keep getting brighter as their life goes on. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A ORG CHANGING THEIR MINDS BECAUSE THEY WERE WRONG TIME AFTER TIME. The witnesses like to point the finger at religions who pull scripture out of context, they are doing the same thing here. Wouldn't it be nice to go through life with a safety net under us at all times and just say we are a work in progress but we are never wrong. They are using this scripture completely out of context, it reminds me of what Peter said in 2 Pet 3:16 it has to do with the apostle Pauls writings but the principle applies to whenever a person twist the scriptures to their own good,

speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.

There is no new light, the Bible has been finished for almost 2000 years, the Bible and the teachings of Christ is the Light, it is not our job to go around and MRI ever scripture and think we are right, It is better to keep our eyes on the return of Jesus as King and live by the principles that he established as we build faith in the sacrifice of God's Son. Let us watch the prophecies fulfill themselves and focus on humility with godly qualities. This scripture is way out of context. Never meant what they use if for. I hope this clears some things up for you. Also whether you want to be a witness or not, you cannot be a fence sitter with them or God.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

avid, that is a good piont the bible has been finished for years so how can they're be new light?

as for thE apostles well the arguement ive heard so much is they got things wrong but had noone to go away to!! so if the apostles got things wrong then why cant the society! ive repleid to that by saying it wasnt jesus that got things wrong the society is acting as jehs mouthpiece, they say its not, anyone got any proof it did?

also even the transplants, blood etc i said about that and said how people died for what men wrote in the wt and then changed and the answer to that is they've not died for no reason jeh will ressurect them they died for a principle!

YES A PRINCIPLE BY WHO!

but seriously when you all hear the jws never wavering devotion to the society do you never doubt that maybe they are wrong sometimes but fundemently right?

i dont think this i hasten to add! but it does worry me when close members of my family believe it so much, (even after listening to my arguements!)

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Like I wrote above - where did the old (wrong) light come from ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit