by Blueblades 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

This was the year that Jesus no longer was the mediator for the great crowd of other sheep. Jesus became the mediator of only the 144,000. Question I have, If this was true, how could the brothers of the other sheep be used to open and close the meetings with prayer when you had to end that prayer in the name of Jesus who would then act as mediator and bring your prayer to Jehovah? If Jesus was no longer our mediator, then we could no longer be used to pray in his name. Am I missing something here?

Blueblades

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No you're not missing a thing. I'm amazed that they haven't made the leap and said that the rank and file jws should be saying prayers using the fds as their mediator.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Blue,

Most JWs, and even the management like COs and DOs did not fully get it. But, by the early 1980s, it was becoming an issue in some congregations. It did become a topic of debate in our Hall. I was assigned to give a special talk that better explained the issue ... given that I was an Elder and of the Anointed, the elder body decided that my talk would have more credibility. But I also knew, that they knew, that I was into that kind of stuff more than they were, and they simply could not explain the issue well. Also, sometime around then the Society came out with one of their brilliant plausible inventions (aka: light getting brighter) and said that the Great Crowd are "friends of Jesus by virtue of being in the Abrahamic Covanent," and thus were also able to be mediated as "friends" but not as "spirit-begotten" children of God. It was all a stretch, but I was able to give the talk with a straight face. But deep down, I was not comfortable with the information. The entire notion and Watchtower theology on this point is utterly wrong, and needs to be deep-sixed.

Jim Whitney

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Yes Jesus is the mediator between men and God, the Bible does't teach two different classes or groups. The problem is with the witness teaching, They combine two scriptures other sheep and great crowd. Look at these two different scriptures

John10:16 16 I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.

Romans 8:9-11 9 But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all.) 10 And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life [ d ] because you have been made right with God. 11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.

Even the NWT says in Romans 9 However, YOU are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God’s spirit truly dwells in YOU . But if anyone does not have Christ’s spirit, this one does not belong to him.

The way I see it from the scriptures, to be one of Christ sheep-other sheep, to belong to Christ as Romans says they must have God's Spirit IN them not on them, thus making one as the Greek word here for Christ IN you, Translated "ANOINTED"

I don't get the feeling that there are two groups, classes, one might as well be Hindu and believe in Classes or Castes. Christ in the Mediator for men as the Bible says. No self exaulted position of looking down at others.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Hey Amazing,

You're out of the borg, right? Did one of the new Gov. Body fellows replace you?

W.Once

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Other WT blaspheme historical fast fact the 4 year post 1975 addendum of "how long did it take Adam to name the Animals before he copulated with Eve" ended in 1979 they strung us along for 4 more years (me deathly sick with ulcerative colitis and desperate for the new system)

In one more year the 1980 bethel purges will begin

Anybody who says Jehovah's Witnesses and 1975 was a non event is too young,wasn't there or a liar.~Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Hey amazing your insight on the matter is amazing, nice to hear you say, they are utterly wrong, so true, but this safety net with new light is a crutch, also amazing safety nets are used where? I always think of Jesus words where he stated," if the light in you is darkness, how great that darkness is"

abr

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Wasanelder Once,

You're out of the borg, right? Did one of the new Gov. Body fellows replace you?

According to WTS theory, I would have been replaced by someone only if I die in an unrepentant condition, likely disfellowshipped or disassociated. Since I am still alive, I still have opportunity to repent, have my disassociated status revoked, and thereafter continue as a faithful JW. So, in short, no one has replaced me ... yet.

However, it is also doubtful anyone can ever say that one person was "the" replacement for another. Any existing GB members who were baptized after 1935 are, according to Watchtower theory, likely replacements for some anointed person who died unfaithful, in an unrepentant condition. However, none of them replced me as I noted above.

I have posted extensively on this topic over the years because so many non-anointed JWs and even ex-JWs never really understood the doctrine or how one knew if they were of the anointed or not. I openly professed to be of the amointed for about 20-years of my 27-years of total association. Since that time, I have totally and completely renounced all but one Watchtower doctrine. Their view of the anointed is absolutely false, and is easily proven so. I have further gone back into the Cathlic Church, which makes me really really bad in their eyes ... I am worse than just an veryday apostate ... I am now among the Man of Lawlessness and Evil Slave Class according to Watchtower theory.

Jim Whitney

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Regarding John 10:16 about the "other sheep" who are "not of this sheepfold," who's to say those "other sheep" aren't Muslims? After all, they too belonged to the "Abrahamic Covenant," and certainly have a more legitimate claim than the JWs.

Or maybe the "other sheep" are Jews? Or Hindus or Catholics or Buddhists, or all of organized religion, outside of the JWs?

One can speculate all day and night about such scripture, but all it is is speculation; and we know what the Society says about speculation! Oh boy! Now that's some hypocritical tripe, isn't it - to criticize members for "speculating" about scripture when that's all the Society does anyway, and then they change the speculations and call it new light!

I've got some "new light" for them: it's called a laserized lobotomy. It might help focus on something more sensible.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Jim,

I was being sarcastic about their whole structure of doctrine. Not meant to be serious.

W.Once (of the I don't care who replaces who class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit