Convince me to move to your State (U.S. Only)

by liquidsky 39 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

How about New Mexico? Welll it is not called the Land of Enchantment for nothing Blondie

• Carmel
    Carmel

Please come to Oregon and buy my house! That way I can head for Costa Rica!!! carmel

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

liquid sky, sometimes it is warm here in North Georgia Mountains, but sometimes it gets really cold. If you want warm weather all year around, move to Miami, Florida, but you might get your house destroyed by a hurricane. There is a very huge Johnson & Johnson facility near my home. Your husband might want to work there. I have a friend that is a Vice President of Johnson & Johnson who might help your husband get a job there. He is one of my references. I can email him and maybe we can all meet when you come down to visit.

• V
    V

Clarification about Northern California. Everywhere on the coast is very temperate and beautiful but the cost of living on the coast is higher then most in the nation, especially San Francisco area south to Monterey area.

Inland Northern California is hot in summer with high point of 105 degrees F (40 deg C), That will cook the juice out of any Washingtonian, trust me. Thankfully there is little or no humidity. Cost of living is roughly equal to the Seattle area.

If you can handle the heat, Nor Cal is the best in my opinion, legendary coast to the Sierras, with the breadbasket of the world in between.

If you like the vino, you can go on a wine tour starting in Monterey, north to Napa, over the Central Valley through Lodi, and up into the 1849er country of the Sierra foothills where you can taste gold in a glass of Zinfindel.

Surf and dive in the morning, snowboard the afternoon. In the spring, the best white water in the world between Sacramento and Tahoe.

Did I mention Lake Tahoe?

• BrentR
    BrentR

If you do move out of washington please try to take at several hundred with you. Preferably out of the King County area. Good luck and I can't blame you for getting out. It not the great state it once was thirty years ago.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

If you want someplace warmer, come her to beautiful, look at all that green, Minnesota. While you guys in Washington were covered in snow, we've been enjoying one of the most temperate autumns we've had. It's wonderful. Just don't ask this question in January.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

hmm....Ohio....n'mind :(

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Wel the good thing about East Tennessee is that the JW's dont seem to be very active here. I have lived here in Knoxville for 6 years and the JW's have only been through my neighborhood once, and I just happened to be on vacation when I came home to find a tract on my door.-------Dave

• SoCal101
    SoCal101

I have lived all over the East Coast and parts of the West. However, you can not beat California! Sure the housing is expensive(but coming down) but it is because it's worth it!

Reasons why I CHOSE to live in Ventura County, California:

1. We are 10 minutes from the beach.
    2. We are 30 minutes from Malibu.
    3. We are 30 minutes from Santa Barbra.
    4. We are 30 minutes from Los Angeles.
    5. We are at the most 1 hour away from Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, LA Zoo, Getty Museum, Sunset Blvd, all major TV studios, and Universal Studios.
    6. We are 5 hours away from Vegas, 1 hour away from snow and 2 hours away from desert.
    7. You should see the variety of produce at our farmer's market; afterall, we are considered the nations salad bowl.
    8. It's December 15 and I have my window open and my shorts on and my son went swimming last week.
    9. We are 50 miles north of LA and the air is clean here and the crime is low.
    10. My son is going to surf camp for summer and it is two blocks from my office. Did I mention I have ocean view. lol

So, yes, I have lived in many states in the last few years. I can admire what all of the states offer in this country of ours; but as for me and my family, we have chosen California to be our home. Now what I admire about other states, so I can't be blamed as being narrow-minded:

• Texas. You do not hold back on you hospitality. Yes, everything is bigger there and they are great people!
    • NJ They have the most beautiful farm areas! They can do some country cooking up there too.
    • Florida It rains way to much to be named the "sunshine " state. How about we call you the "It's raining, so let's go hang out at the bar and watch the hot waitress'" state. There are some beautiful people there.
    • NY I tell you, my wife and I were so impressed as to how friendly people from New York really are. Go into the city. Sure the accents might be a little rough but the people aren't.
    • AZ What a beautiful state.
    • TN Very green and Dolly Parton has a kick a#% amusement park!
    • OK Like it says..it's Ok.
    • NC Nice beaches
    • NM Beautiful Colors
    • UT Awe inspiring landscapes
    • NV Vegas, enough said. (trust me, everyone must visit before they die)
    • PA Very historical and quaint. Gettysburg is a must see.
    • Maryland Baltimore has the greatest attraction called the Inner Harbor.
    • Washington DC Smithsonian is a must and the Capitol and memorials are inspirations; especially, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

So, if you are interested, contact me because I am proud of the state that I have chosen only a short two years ago. Life has been good!

• 5go
    5go

Please don't move hear !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit