Now we're going to Key West!!

by mariposa 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mariposa
    mariposa

Since it's been so cold here in Atlanta lately, we've decided to go to Key West instead of New York. We'll do NYC another year.

We'll be in Key West next Mon-Thurs and then we're going to wind our way back up to Ga by way of Naples, Tampa, etc. So if anyone's around and wants to catch a Margarita...let me know!

• dawgfan
    dawgfan

Actually, its been pretty nice this week. Last week would have been the time to go.

• mariposa
    mariposa

OH I know - I'm still getting over the freeze last week! And now it's going to be 70 and 71 Sat and Sun. Gotta love Atlanta! I got a new pine straw job to do this weekend before we leave and I'm sooooo glad it's gonna be nice!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Mari ...

Key West is great in the winter. Usually about 75-80 in the daytime and upper 60s to low 70s at night.

We live in Miami and go there every couple months.

Have you ever been there for Fantasy Fest week at the end of October ??? It is a CRAZY week.

Rub a Dub

• mariposa
    mariposa

Rubadub -

Nope never been there before...hell I haven't seen an ocean in probably 3+ years. I'm so excited. I used Priceline for the first time and got a pretty good deal. Now all I gotta do is go find our summer clothes again...

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Well, have a good time ... and a few beverages at Sloppy Joes on Duval St. (where Hemmingway used to frequent).

You can't go wrong on Duval St. and for that matter, most places in Key West.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Mari ...

If you are interested in a little "spice" while in Key West, don't miss the Garden of Eden on the corner of Duval and Caroline. The Garden of Eden is on the roof of the Bull and Whistle building. It has a great view of Duval St. and is clothing optional (as is Naked Lunch down the block).

It's worth having a beer or three there and removing some of the tan lines if you wish (take some sun screen just in case).

Rub a Dub

• juni
    juni

Have a good time Mariposa!

Juni

• mariposa
    mariposa

That sounds like it would be fun..haven't seen it in any of the touristy info on the internet. Problem is my 17-month old will be going everywhere with us and she's in the process of being weaned from breastfeeding. If we went there...she'd probably think she died and gone to baby heaven! hahaha

• hubert
    hubert

Been to Tampa, but never Key West. I would love to go, but the wife would want to go, too, so that would take the fun out of it.

(Only kidding). Maybe some day soon, the wife and I will get to go there, too.

Enjoy !!

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit