'Church members are responsible...', AWAKE!, 8/8/87, pp.10,11

by compound complex 21 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Howdy OTWO,

Thanx for the correction. At 3:27 a.m. I had calculated that September was the 8th month of the year...I was only off by 1! Really, thanx for that and the illuminating further comments. Looks as though you've had a breakthrough of sorts - good for you!

Hello Other Friends,

Thank you too for your fine thoughts; I'm going back now to re-read them!

Gratefully,

CoCo

• juni
    juni

Thanks CoCo for your topic.

Doesn't that take the cake so to speak. If they'd only listen to themselves!! Blondie made a good point too about the Jewish religion viewed as the only true religion by Jesus and yet he questioned the teachings that went beyond the word of God. Hmmmmmmmmmm.................

Juni

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Blondie wrote:

So it is not proper to question the only true religion. But Jesus did

While I am not bothering to play doctrinal ping pong with the elders (waste of time) I will use this fact and the WT quote if I am ever pressed to defend my "doubts." Thanks.

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

What's good for the goose is good for the gander:

If, after making an honest investigation, you are less than pleased with what you see, do more than just complain. A journalist, while commenting on Karl Barth’s statement that an organization is its members, logically concluded: "Congregation members . . . are responsible for what Jehovah’s Witnesses say and do." So ask yourself: Am I willing to share responsibility for everything Jehovah’s Witnesses say and do? Can I really be proud of having all its members as spiritual brothers?

Now go take a look at all the recent "brothers" who have been caught with their pants down. All the "brothers" who are being exposed as taking advantage, financially, of their brothers. All the "brothers" who tear apart families with their authority. Can you honestly answer the questions in the quote above considering these facts?

Rebirth

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for participating. I have a quotation from THE WATCHTOWER, 27 August 2006, which should put a seal and imprint on the points made. The information presented is validated and given weight by the eminent Bible scholar and thinker, "Andreas":

"Far from registering complaints, individuals often express appreciation for the loving spiritual guidance they receive from elders...A 17-year-old named Andreas states: 'This is really Jehovah's organization, the best organization in the world.' Should we not be grateful for the goodness of the earthly part of Jehovah's organization?"

Do what you will with Andreas.............................

CoCo

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

They are such HYPOCRITES!!

L.L.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Ah yes, the great "Andreas." Why, I should just drop all my problems with the organization and take what "Andreas" says for all it's worth. After all, at 17 (and pioneering right out of HS, I'm sure), he's got the whole world figured out.

• compound complex
    compound complex

bttt

AWAKE! says do more than complain [walk out?] if you're unhappy with what your church says or does. Why can't this principle apply to followers of the Watch Tower?

CoCo

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

aWESOME - thank you, I will be using this.

• compound complex
    compound complex

You're welcome, Awake!

Now seemed a good time to reinvigorate an old but timely topic. Lots of reads in a couple of hours.

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit